.34

Ariana Shade
2 days later
Parents House.

"So, how's everything been? You been taking your prenatal vitamins and stuff?" My mama asked sitting across from me.

I nodded, "Of course, I want a healthy baby."

"Me as well." She rubbed my stomach, "So, what's the plan for you and Josh?"

"I mean I just want us to co parent, but he wants to be more than just that." I shook my head eating my grapes.

"Y'all were already dating before that, so what changed? You don't like him as much as you thought or something?" She asked and I sighed.

"I don't know ma."

"Or is it you know who?" She her eyebrow folding her arms.

I went silent.

"Listen Ariana, I know you love that boy but he's showed you he doesn't want to commit, well to you." Mama said before she grabbed my hand. I looked up at her. "Ari baby, you have to let go of the past. Y'all aren't kids anymore, and there's a bunch of people in this world that's gonna come and go."

"But that's the thing mama, he comes and goes and comes right back to me. It's a repeating cycle."

"You see? He never comes and stays does he? No matter what there's always another girl that he's gonna mess with. Don't get me wrong, I love Kree like a son and his book intelligence is out of this world. But he just seems to have his life wrapped up in a lot of drama. Drama that you and my grandbaby shouldn't be apart of." She sighed.

"I know, trust me I do, but it's hard you know? It's gotten to a point where he don't care about me or my feelings anymore. He talks dryly to me, he ignores me when he's upset and I don't like that. Because even if we never ever get back together he is a person I want to keep in my life. Not even relationship wise, but as my friend." I exhaled.

"That's what y'all should have stayed, friends."

My mama shook her head and my dad entered the room. He smiled at me and walked over and pecked my forehead. He sat down on the opposite side of us and both looked at me in the face.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just discussing Ariana and Kree."

"Are y'all back together?" My Dad smiled. See? My Dad wants me to be with Kree, and I honestly don't even know why. But my Dad isn't the reason I feel the way I feel about Kree, I just always seemed to care for him even when we were younger.

"No, I don't think we'll ever get back together. Especially now since I'm pregnant." I ran my hand through my hair.

He sighed, "I really wanted you to be with him."

"Why Arthur? What does Kree have that any other man doesn't?" My mama asked in her stern voice. She was getting upset.

"Calm down T, I just like the guy okay? He has great parents, he's smart, he has his own money and y'all grew up together. I've watched both of you grow up into the people you are today and I already feel like he's apart of the family. I just want a man who's gonna be a provider and take care of you whenever I leave this world." He grabbed my hand.