67.

(Tuesday)
Kairi Marcel
December 21
Home.

"Hey." I spoke to Devin as he walked in my bedroom. "Where's Heaven?"

"Home with my cousin." He yawned before sitting on my bed. "Where yo dad at?"

"Work."

"Why you look so eh today. Like what's up with you?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Nothing, just a little tired." I said causing him to nod. I debated on if I should show him the note Essex sent me. I didn't know if I it was a big deal, but I don't want to keep anything from him. "Em dad sent me a note."

"What?" He asked looking up from his phone. "Give it to me."

"It's under the bible." I said causing him to grab it and read it. He had his face bawled up the whole time before tossing it back on the dresser. "Fuck that shit."

"I sent him a note back, and some pictures of Em. I just don't want him not to see her you know? I want her to know him because it's not like he doesn't love her and want to be here for her, he just can't." I explained.

"Mhm." He shrugged, "I get where you coming from but Em growing up with me. She call me Dada and I treat her just like she Heaven. You don't need that nigga. She don't need to grow up and meet that sorry excuse for a man."

"Devin but that's still her dad, I'm not taking away your role because you've became the only dad she knows and I wouldn't take that from you, but I do want her to have a relationship with him as well. Now if she gets older and chooses not to talk to him that's fine, but right now I want her to know him."

"Whatever Kairi."

"Please don't be mad babe but when Kree was away from us everything changed. I saw how you held Melo above our dad and it bothered me. I don't want it to be a situation like Kree and my dad. Can't even hold a conversation without saying hurtful words and other stuff. I don't want her to grow up in a negative environment." I sighed.

"Okay."

"Please don't be mad." I sat up and wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm not, just don't let this shit get out of hand. I want you to tell him about me next time he send a note too. We ain't hiding shit aight?" He raised his brows.

"Alright." I pecked his lips and he hugged me. "I love you."

"I love you too."
~~~

Kree Marcel
Learning Land.

"Hey." Bri hugged me once I walked in the building. It was like 1 in the afternoon and they were having the little party. Everybody was dressed up eating their food and running around. "Is this for the kids?"

"Yeah." I gave her the sack of gifts. I scanned the room seeing Emerald on the floor chewing on a slice of pizza. She barely has teeth that's why she slobbed everywhere.

I walked over to her and bent down. I picked her up and kissed her face and she just looked at me. I know she ain't seen me in a long time, but it's okay. I'll start coming by more to check on her so she won't forget me.

"Hey fatty." I smiled and she tried to feed me that wet ass pizza. "No, I don't want none no thank you mamas."

She babbled and I nodded my head at everything she was saying. I miss her so much, but right now I just ain't ready to talk to her folks yet.

"Kree can you help me take this trash to the dumpster?" Bri asked causing me to nod. Madeline took Emerald from me and I grabbed the bags.

I followed Bri out back and tossed the bags into the dumpster.