.35

Kree Marcel
Next Morning
Home.

"Why aren't you at work? Hm."

My mama asked walking right through the front door. I pressed pause on Netflix and looked over at her.

"Why you here?" I asked getting up from the couch. I skipped over to her and she pulled me into a hug.

"I got a package, yet again." She handed it to me. "More clothes?"

"I have to look nice okay?" I said causing her to laugh. I sat the box on the counter and she walked over to the door. "Where you going?"

"Run a few errands."

"Can I come?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No sir, I don't need a camera on me or anything like that."

I kissed my teeth, "Great parenting."

"Grow up." She laughed, "I love you and I'll stop by later."

"Yeah yeah." I mumbled as she left out the door. I walked back over to the couch and pressed play on Netflix. I don't even know what the movie is called, all I know is it's lame. I snatched my blanket off the floor and covered back up before drifting off to sleep.

An hour later.

I sat up off the couch with my face bawled up. I wiped my hand down my face tiredly, and stood up.

"Ugh, mama you got a key!"

I headed to the front door and pulled it open. Tara, Ariana's mother, was standing there with Josh. I pinched in between my eyes and took a deep breath before I walked outside. I made sure I had my key, before closing the door behind me. They aren't allowed in my shit.

"What's up?"

"We need to talk." Tara said folding her arms and I nodded my head. "I have been talking to my future son in law and basically he said that he doesn't like you. Neither do I."

"And I give a fuck because?"

"Because, we want you to stay away from Ariana. I never knew how bad she was dealing with you. You only brought her down, and you could never be serious with her. Josh is the only man that seems good enough for my daughter and he plan on asking her for her hand in marriage soon. But first, we need to make sure you're out of the picture."

"Out of the picture? We were friends before anything and I been out of the picture. I haven't stopped her from dating anyone. I haven't had sex with your daughter in months. So what's the real reason y'all standing here?" I bawled up my face.

"I just want you to stay away," Josh spoke up, "Whenever you're around she starts easing her way back to you and I hate that. I want her to be through with you so I can be with her and start our family. I can't do that with you around because she gravitates back to you."

I sighed, "You really want me away from your daughter? You positive?"

"I'm a hundred percent." Tara said as she folded her arms. "I wish you nothing but the best, but I don't want her around you. Also, here."

She reached in her purse and it was the key I gave Ariana. I took it from her and placed it in my pocket.

"I hope you stay away." She looked me up and down.

"Why should I?"

"Because she's about to have a kid and she deserves a family. That's something you don't wanna give her and I do." Josh said and I fake yawned.

"Oh."

"Kree you don't know what it's like to be a parent. You don't have a kid, do you wanna know why?" Tara asked and I shrugged.

"Because I ain't nut in these hoes."

"Please, you nutted in that little girl back when you was sixteen. But she didn't just abort the child because she wanted to, my daughter wanted her to. Ariana told her to abort the baby and she did because she knows deep down that you're nothing."

"Ariana what?" I raised my brow.

"She knew about the baby, she just didn't tell you." Tara smirked.

"Who baby? Bri baby?" I asked still a bit confused.

She nodded.

"That's a lie, because she would've told me. You just making shit up so I can stay away from her. It's not gonna work." I laughed.

"Whatever." Josh said before he began to walk away. Tara sized me before walking off with him. I shook my head before going back into my house. I wasn't scared of her, and she wasn't my mom to tell me what the fuck to do.

I pulled my phone out my pocket and called Ariana. I was dead ass laughing because they really thought they could come over here and punk me.

"Hello?"

"Tell yo mama to stay away from me deadass. Her and yo babydaddy just left my crib talking bout stay away from you." I said causing her to sigh.

"I'm sorry about that, I'll talk to her. What else did she say?" She asked in a shaky tone.

"Said you knew about Bri baby, but I know she lying so don't even much worry about it." I shrugged walking over to the couch. The line was real quiet for a second and I heard a loud sigh. "You straight?"

"I did know..."

"About?" I asked before it hit me, "Oh, you knew about the baby?"

"Mhm."

"Before I did? Bri told you?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"Not technically," She mumbled, "I mean she sent you a text but I got mad and deleted it. I mean we were young right? You didn't need no baby for that girl because y'all lived in two separate states. You get it?"

"Yeah I get it."

"See now we can laugh about the whole situation. That was years ago." She laughed.

"Yeah."

"So you're not mad at me?" She asked as I stared straight ahead at the television. I leaned my head to the side and clenched my jaw. "Um, hello? Are you still there?"

"No...I'm not mad."

"Good, talk in the morning?"

"Yeah." I said before hanging up. I sat my phone down beside me and cut on the television. I mean can I be mad at her? It was Bri decision to get the abortion right? It wasn't like Ariana gave her any ideas.

"I'm just overthinking." I shook my head. I tried to focus on the television and get it off my mind but it kept on wandering off. The more I thought about it the more I started feeling bad. I slowly pulled myself from the couch and walked over to the kitchen.

I grabbed a bottle of liquor and a cigar. I mean one bottle couldn't hurt right? Two? Three? Four? I just grabbed all my brown liquor and laid across the couch. Just need something to help me calm down.

Do y'all feel it's Ariana fault?

I love you guys ❤