64.

(Sunday)
Devin Cross
October 25
Home.

"I'm hungry." Heaven walked in with her babbled talk.

"Grandad coming." I picked her up getting ready to walk into the room but the doorbell rung. "That must be him."

I went and answered the door. My dad walked in and scoped the place out.

"Where's your girl?" He asked taking Heaven from me.

I shrugged, "I ain't seen her. After she left the hospital she went home and I been calling but she haven't answered."

"Where you going? How come you need me to keep her?" He asked and I sighed.

"Is you gonna complain about it?"

"Don't talk back to me." He glared, "I just wanna know what you got going on boy. Don't be out here making another one."

"Chill," I chuckled, "I got a few things to handle, can you just keep her?"

"You know I will." He pecked her cheek. "Gone on."

"Alright," I grabbed my keys, "I'll see y'all later."
~~~

"You gon let me in?"

Kairi opened the door and I stepped in the house. Draco was sitting on the couch asleep with Emerald on his chest. I motioned for us to go upstairs and she nodded. She closed and locked the door before we headed to her bedroom.

"You don't see my texts?" I asked as soon as she closed the door.

"I did." She sat down on her bed.

"So, you chose not to respond to me? You know how childish and petty that is?" I asked and she sighed.

"The doctor to me to take it easy. Please let's talk like adults and not yell at each other." She said softly.

"You ain't an adult, you still a child obviously. You playing games and shit like I could've stayed with Liv. I didn't leave her to deal with a damn petty ass little girl." I frowned and she just nodded her head.

"I have a child and I didn't have time to-"

"It's bullshit, because if you really cared you'd make time. I have a baby too and her arm is broke and I still made time to check on you. Man fuck it, you good." I turned around.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked standing up.

"Exactly what I said, I'm not gonna do this shit no more. You move on and I do the same."

"No-"

"Yes." I nodded, "You got issues, you just like your damn brother."

"What does Kree have to do with this? And fine, do what you want. I'm not doing this mess again." She sat down.

I walked out the room and closed the door. I walked down the steps and right out the house. I'm not gonna keep playing games with this crazy ass girl. I heard the door sound behind me and I looked back.

"Devin..." Kairi stood there.

"What?"

"I'm sorry." She sniffled, "I want this, and I want us, but it's just not the right time. I don't think I'm mentally ready for another relationship right now. I'm sorry for wasting your time."

She tried to hug me but I stepped back.

"Yeah, me too."
~~~

Zoey Gibson
Home.