89.

Kairi Marcel
February 22
Doctor's Office.

"Well Ms. Marcel, it seems that you're at least 12 weeks." Dr. Jade smiled wiping the gel off my stomach.

"Wow." I sat up, "I should know the gender very soon then right?"

"Yes ma'am, in another month or so. But you need to get on your prenatal vitamins now. We want a healthy baby right dad?" Dr. Jade looked over at Devin.

"We do." Devin nodded.

"Well, I called in your prescription and it should be ready in about thirty minutes. Congratulations on you're first child together and I wish you the best in your engagement." Dr. Jade smiled before leaving the room.

I got up off the table and rubbed my stomach a bit. Now all of a sudden since I know I'm pregnant I started having morning sickness.

"What's with all my kids being born in August?" Devin laughed and I shook my head.

"Crazy right? August 24 can't wait for you to come." I looked at my belly.

We walked out the office hand in hand heading to the parking lot. I had already rescheduled my appointment so there was no need to sit around.

"What you wanna do for your birthday?" Devin asked as we got in his car.

"Nothing, if you want the gender reveal."

"Why not celebrate both?" He asked starting the car up.

"Devin that's too much. We still gotta plan our wedding. We have six months to get everything together alright? How about we not have that stuff and just focus on the wedding-"

"No, I wanna have the gender reveal and the baby shower."

"Devin don't be difficult, we should focus more on the wedding. We need to start making calls like yesterday." I sighed.

"How am I being difficult? The wedding can wait Kairi. I didn't get a chance to be apart of Heaven stuff. I wanna do it right this time, I want to be there you know? You're sounding real selfish right now."

"Me? You're the one who can't just let it go. I just wanna have my wedding-"

"Our wedding. It's not just about you Kairi. If you wanna get married so fucking bad then let's go get eloped right now. There, we can have the baby and that's that. Stop tryna rush everything." He bawled up his face irritatedly.

"Excuse you? I just don't wanna have another baby and we're not married Devin. I don't wanna get fucking eloped either because I always wanted a beautiful wedding and I want my Dad to walk me down the aisle. Is that too much to fucking ask? I'm turning thirty in a week and I'm not getting any younger." I got frustrated turning to look out the window.

"You see how that's being selfish though? Not once have you asked me what the fuck I wanted. Man whatever just do you and plan the wedding or whatever but I'm not gonna help with shit because this is your wedding right?"

I ignored him still looking out the window. I felt a tear slip down my face but I just wiped it and watched the cars drive by.
~~~

Kree Marcel
Home.

"My back." Tania groaned laying across the couch. I walked over to her and put some cover on her. "Thank you."

"No problem, what's up? You feeling sick?" I asked rubbing my hand on her back.

"Just a little pain, but I'll be alright. I got a few more weeks." Tania let out a deep breath and I smiled.

"Princess Taelyn." I rubbed her stomach.