Chapter Five

Chapter Five: Stalking Tendencies

There were few words more applicable in Ja'Kles' situation other than 'stalking'. He was doing that, and was doing a fairly well job at remaining hidden. While he was most intrigued by the supposed captain or leader of the band of disembarking protogen, he was also quite curious in the other Protogens designs.

Despite him having lived on a planet that barely had communications with the larger galactic area, he did know that most Protogens shared the same design and weapons. Sleek metallic thighs and vests, fur covering the legs, arms and mid-belly. And a black visor with organic ears. There were few deviations, at least, from what Ja'Kle remembered.

But then, when he looked at the, now three, Protogens, he couldn't help but notice that they were each individual and different. About as surprising as seeing a non-protogen having a high-position of power.

The white one appeared to be shy, especially as they walked through the dock and onto the main street. They kept their head down and had already attached their weapon to their back. The weapon itself was a long spear, with a floating feather attached to the blade.

The black one was similar as well. It had an almost entirely black and dark gray body, with a curved, almost knife like tail. It appeared that they were the guardsmen, or at least, protective of the main leader. Ja'Kle couldn't see any obvious weapons on him.

And the last of the Protogens was the most confident. He had a mainly blue body, connected to metallic parts of very light gray and dark gray. Even from his stalker's distance, Ja'Kle could tell that his eyes on his visor were in a cross shape. His tail was rather flat and swished just like a lizards.

And then, there was the middle entity. They had a slim figure, though undeniably athletic. Across the entirety of their neck was a long ring of green fur, and on their exposed shoulder blades and at the tip of their ears were a few blots of white fur. And poking out from their pants was a fluffy white cotton-like tail. They were wearing a weird watch-like device, but beside that, had no obvious weapons as well.

Ja'Kle himself followed them somewhat closely, taking his time while marching behind them at a brisk, yet noticeable pace. There were a few questions floating through his head, mostly centering on the middle one.

He had never seen another life-form like that before. The closest were Gradulians, who also had large bent ears, but they were on the direct opposite side of the universe, on the very edge of reachable planets. They weren't even all that technologically advanced.

So odds were that either a new race was discovered, or that whoever this leader was, was manufactured. It wasn't a stretch either. Protogens were only made with obvious mechanical parts through traditions, due to their makers having made them like that.

Though, why they kept doing it was an enigma, and it wasn't like Ja'Kle was an expert at Protogen lore or history. They barely revealed anything as it stood. Nevertheless, people spoke, and a few noteworthy things came out about them.

Ja'Kle discarded his thoughts as the group stopped before the building that Ja'Kle had just been in prior, the one where he had been interviewed. It was there that the life-form in the middle spoke, in a tongue that Ja'Kle could only describe as screech-like.

The three protogen beside him, two on the right and the black one on the left, nodded in understanding. The group turned their attention to the door, and with an apparent confirming nod from the middle creature, they entered the building.

Ja'Kle quickly followed close behind.

They entered into the main lobby, where the group was quick to march to the back of the lobby room, to try and contact the interviewer. Ja'Kle hovered near them, right at the water-fountain at the right side of the back room, to eavesdrop.