Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter Thirty-Five:  Imenta of Corentha-5

Mason peered through the dim darkness of the deep blue ocean, the bright lights of the city before him blinding even in it's murky depths. A behemoth of a sunken city, sparkling a diamond white color against the low light piercing the waves.

Rinse was the name of the city. One of only three large cities on the planet, it was completely domed off from the water as protection against the feral critters swimming through the dirty seas. The dark, murky waters of the ocean was like charcoal compared to the clean water beneath the dome.

Bathysphere had his fist clenched in front of him, constantly expending small amounts of his Boson Energy to use the water around them to push them. Swimming took a lot out of his captain, as a purely organic species, even with his enhanced strength.

"Do they know we're coming?" Mason asked, and Bathysphere gave a bemused eyebrow raise to his captain. Mason could hardly hear the ocean around him as the water pushed him forward. It was a strange sensation, feeling solid water, but it was an interesting sensation all the same.

"Well, if you weren't, err, snuggling with the Mosomarian, sir, you would've seen Renaissance contacting the planet and answering their plea for support. I could only guess that he did the same once we arrived too." Bathysphere responded.

"It's not what you think." Mason retorted, his voice cracking a little as he realized just what his Protogens had assumed he had been doing with Ja'Kle. In all honesty, he hadn't exactly thought about how it looked, dragging the Mosomarian to his room and spending a very long time, alone, with him in there.

And the fact that when he walked out he was freshly showered and much happier... Mason could see why they thought that.

"I believe you, captain. I'm just saying." Bathysphere responded, cracking a smile for the first time. Mason sighed warmly. He had been attempting to get the protogen to let the seriousness drop. It was better to be relaxed rather than on edge.

The two descended down towards the lower ocean shelf, where the entrance into the magnificent city was. As the two approached at a rapid pace, Mason could see thousands of large and small figures behind the glass, obscured by the shadow of the ocean.

Bathysphere pushed them both further, arriving at the entrance in a mere five minutes. They rested just before the crystal clear door, the dome having been made from some sort of energy drawn from the planet's natural resources, and by the glass naturally found at the lower depths.

The door was massive, about forty or fifty feet tall at the minimum. The door curved like an arch against the spherical object, and although it was small, Mason and Bathysphere could see a thin outline where the door was flush against the dome.

And not a moment later did the door begin to move. It creaked open, bubbles and little pockets of air blasting off of the door. As the door, two smaller Corenthians approached them, spears at the ready while appearing openly defensive.

The Corenthians were a race of fish people, much alike how the Mosomarians were a race of moth people. They had dark seafoam green scales bleeding into a whiter shade down their stomach and neck. They had large, oval shaped black eyes, and had fins above their head, their arms, and their feet were webbed.

The first guard, the larger one, wore tight fitting armored 'shorts' around most of his waist, adorned with countless teeth and beads. His chest was bare, with only a weighted necklace around his neck.

The smaller guard was wearing the same attire, both male. The smaller one had smaller eyes, but had the bigger spear. As he wore the same necklace, Mason and Bathysphere could tell that the Corenthians were either coupled together, or about to be married.