Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Twenty-Seven: Fallen Chairs

"They're here." Renaissance told the group shakily, nervous jitters running through his body. He gulped, glancing at the ceiling of the large building, "They are going to land atop this structure. We need to get up there."

Mason glanced at the Canisters in question, frowning. He turned to Ruinate, and then towards the half-asleep Fallout. Glancing back at his scientist in chief, he asked a question, "Can we use this Boson Energy? Inside the canisters?" He asked.

Ruinate glanced at him, then back at the canister, "Well, yes. I guess it could be done. There is a nozzle not unlike a gas station's nozzle. Feeding that down an open visor enters it straight into the stomach cavity. And since we digest everything... It'd turn it into energy that we could use. Or, in the Boson's case, it'd integrate it into our systems." Ruinate replied as all the other protogen quickly rushed over to them.

Mason did a quick look over all his remaining protogen. Turning to Viscera, he sighed, "Viscera, we need a last resort. We need your help in creating a space through the roof. Can you do that?" He asked.

Viscera nodded apathetically, straightening their claws as the rest of the protogen scattered to all sides. They raised their hands up to the ceiling, allowing their skin to break apart easily as they controlled their blood, flinging it into the air.

With a gusty sigh, the blood morphed into a battering ram, and with a mighty push of their hand, the bloody mass stampeded through the ceiling, letting sparks fly off of the metallic substance and creating a heavy screeching noise.

Mason turned to Marissa, who already knew what he was going to ask her. Mason simply nodded, and with a glance upward, Marissa started to do her duty. Using her powers over gravity, she slowly lifted the council members, starting first with the still unsuspended Major Druj. They were more important in keeping the Federation together.

Mason then turned to Fallout, slowly beeping to life as he sat up, rubbing his head. Mason felt his heart ache in what he was going to ask the protogen to prepare for. He doubted that an escape mission like this would end well. They needed a nuke-it-all.

Literally.

Mason helped heave the protogen back onto his paws, hurriedly rushing him towards the canister. Although drowsy, Fallout remembered the feeling of his captain's touch, and simply followed were he brought him to.

Mason sat the protogen down beside it, quickly unlatching the foreign nozzle off of the canister. Mason paused for a moment, feeling rather wrong about doing this. But he had a feeling, like a premonition, that something bad would happen.

And he trusted his gut. He lightly tapped the protogen below him with his knuckles against his visor, causing the protogen to split his visor in half, revealing the synthetic tongue and throat leading into the chest.

Mason pressed the nozzle against the roof of his mouth, and pressed hard against the latch in the grip, allowing the stream of plasmatic Boson Energy to flow into the Protogens open maw. If Mason was being honest, it didn't feel too dissimilar to gassing up a car. Or, at least, an earthen car.

As the Boson kept pumping and pumping, Ruinate decided to do the same with the other knocked-out protogen in the room, Rallycry, hoping to have some entertaining results as they waited for the councilmen to appear atop the structure.

Nearing the end of the transportation of the councilmen, Fallout began to glow a ruby red color. His visor slowly lit up as the energy started to course through his veins. Mason felt the heat radiate off the protogen, and in the back of his mind, he was wondering if the overloading of Boson Energy would cause the protogen to just... implode.