Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen: Solitary Advice

The morning that followed Mason's nightmare was quite awkward for Ja'Kle. All things considered, he wasn't necessarily saying that it was a bad thing. But, it was very awkward.

Ja'Kle was the first to awake from their slumber. He was groggy and tired, having stayed awake for some time comforting Mason in the dead of night. He was tangled in a mass of his and Mason's limbs, having intertwined during the night.

Mason was pushed gently up against his fluffy chest, using it as a pillow of sorts. Ja'Kles face immediately got heated, and his chest pumped a little harder, but he didn't move. He didn't want to disturb the sleeping rabbit. And after his intense sobbing and weeping the night before, Ja'Kle wasn't sure how Mason would deal with the ordeal.

In fact, he wasn't quite sure as to why he felt so strongly about Mason crying that hard. He could only guess it was the combination of affection, and the fact that Mason displayed a 'negative' emotion that strongly. Just... out of the blue.

Ja'Kle had been given a pair of soft clothes. A pair of pants that were colored red and blue, and a soft shirt the same color. While Mason preferred to sleep almost completely nude. Granted, this didn't really matter much to Ja'Kle, who had much more sensible plots in his head rather than his other head.

But that was neither here nor there.

It was not two minutes later that the morning came in full swing. The door was slammed open, awakening both Mason and reawakening the slowly-falling asleep Ja'Kle. Hannah bounded through the door, crashing into Ja'Kles previous bed in a hurry.

"Brother!" The impatient bunny wailed as she tore herself off of the mattress, singing the interrupting word with a sing-song esque quality, "It's like midday! You need to get up and help me with the dragon!"

And although Ja'Kle assumed that Mason would take a solid ten minutes to get up, he shot up like he hadn't just cried his entire heart and soul the night before. Despite the bags under his eyes, his eyelids puffy from crying, and his matted fur, he was ready to get going.

He grabbed his morning clothes from the area beside the bed (where he had discarded them before getting to sleep), and put them on underneath the blanket. After a brief fifteen second window, the perky rabbit threw the blankets off and tore after his sister, who had somehow grown bored and ran outside to search for entertainment.

And Ja'Kle was left confused and more than a little worried. He quickly threw off the blankets thrown on him and ran after the two, right out into the hallway, and into the living room.

What met him was quite the sight.

The pink protogen guardian of Hannah, Cotton, was currently clutching a mechanical dragon's throat pipe in an effort to keep it from tearing the place apart. Marissa just seemed done with everything, drinking down what Ja'Kle presumed to be coffee, Hannah was ecstatic, and so was Mason.

"I wanna name him Sparkles!" Hannah giggled, throwing her hand up. Sparkles the dragon seemed to not take kindly to being named that, but after a few firm thrashings by Cotton, the dragon complied and quieted down.

"You know, even though I said we had the capabilities to make a dragon, I was joking. I didn't expect Cotton to go and freaking order one off of the internet." Marissa amusingly protested, her eyes dead and ironically soulless.

Mason just raised his eyebrows, "I'm just surprised that they delivered overnight. That's the most impressive thing." Mason commented, smiling. But, as Ja'Kle rounded the corner to get a better look at the rabbit, he could tell that Mason's smile was forced.