Chapter One Hundred and Fourteen

Chapter One Hundred and Fourteen: At What Cost

It worked. Marissa couldn't believe that it actually worked. Mason's crack plan of having Aberration create a shield barrier around the complex to shield the universe from the blast inside. To take all the Boson Energy those still living could give and create a barrier so strong it would stop the eldritch machine.

It worked.

Marissa could almost cry as she collapsed down onto the floor, fur burning so brightly, so white that it burned into the ground. Her mane was a flux of hite fur, and her eyes were seething gold. Marissa couldn't move her body as she collapsed onto her knees, not feeling the breathe that was caught in her throat.

They didn't know what transpired inside. What it looked like. The barrier around them was a solid blue color, completely solid despite being hard-light. Around the base, scattered around like a fairy ring of mushrooms, only a billionfold more dense, were billions of hard-light generators, set to a spherical formation, created by Aberration.

To have the knowledge that all of creation could've been destroyed, less they had done such a simple maneuver, was intense. That breath of air felt new, like that person had never once taken a breath of air before in their entire natural life. The ground beneath their paws, the soil clenched between their fingers, their hot blood boiling bright.

Marissa let out a breath of hot, hot air, her lungs seizing. She saw the wave of destruction. It was coming right at her. The foundation rocked, the dirt crackling as reality barely functioned. The ground started to glitch even more. Her hands were numb, her knuckles white, her bones aching.

"We... W-We did it..." She choked out, steaming tears streaming down her face. They leaked upon the dirt. She could feel her heartbeat, beating harder and harder as the jubilation that they won was fresh. Her body could barely take it. The Boson in her system was poisoning her as had been used without much care. But she was fine with that.

"Holy shit.." Aberration muttered out, the protogen sitting on his behind, his tail whipping around him frantically. He was oozing Boson Energy, as so much had to be injected directly into him. They managed via Viscera, taking everyone's blood and the Boson therein, and funneling it all directly into the protogen.

As such, the man was coated in the blood of his teammates, as were they flowing through his veins.

Marissa leaned back, breathing out a sigh of relief, "W-What happened to Mason though? To Ja'Kle, a-and Divento...?" Asked Gear-work, reattaching a torn off leg via reconstruction and deconstruction. He was one of the few that were relatively undamaged, though that was more so due to his boson ability, and his carefulness.

"I... I don't know, Gears." Marissa replied, her voice fading as she closed her eyes. She wanted to stay awake, and even as the darkness claimed her once more. She wanted to know the answer too. Was terrified of it. But she couldn't stay awake any longer, and as she fell unconscious, all the Boson-Energy rattling in her system slowly disappeared, returning her to her normal sugar-brown color.

"Gods..." Gear-Work commented as he sat up, holding onto his hand gingerly. He looked around, assessing the damages.

Somehow, as if the God, Goddess, or Deity of Fate or Luck were on their side. No one had died. Yet.

And that yet was the biggest issue.

Fallout was ripped in half, only keeping going with how utterly destroyed reality was, and his own Boson Energy keeping his blood in him. He was barely clinging onto consciousness, and if he did lose it, then the Boson-Energy would fade away, and he would die.