Chapter Eighty-Five

Chapter Eighty-Five: Shattering Bloom

"Extinction Event."

The words rippled across the terrain as Fallout felt a flash of Boson Energy surge within his core, the upgrade given to him by Scion and Axel burning bright hot within him. He felt his control strengthen, his visor burning red hot as countless holes appeared in the sand. The dome overhead caused an oppressive force to push them down, but Fallout stood. He had to stand. For his team. For his family.

As the screeching of the damned flowed upwards into the sky, Fallout could feel the ground shake and quake. This was his battle, he had to get the others out of there. They had to get out, they had to get the beacon. Rallycry wasn't fast enough to rush down there without being severed into tiny fragments. Ruinate couldn't decay anything with any good speed.

Fallout thought as time slowed to a mere crawl, the Boson Energy strengthening even further. Rallycry has already grabbed Mason and Ja'Kle, and Ruinate for good measure in his arms. He ran to the barrier, dripping them a few miles away from it but with the speed, they appeared right before the barrier as Rallycry used his body to slam into it, causing a ripple across the barrier. Nothing more.

Fallout felt the explosion start to ignite in the slowed time. Each atom sizzling before being reduced to it's quarks . He could feel the heat, as the explosion's epicenter was around his palm. He could feel the explosive pulse, the shockwave, against the ground itself. Creeping like encroaching death, utterly disintegrating the sand. There would be no place to even leave an atomic shadow.

Fallout knew he had to get them all out of there. Whatever they had just fought, there were more of them. And Fallout was the only one really able to fight them all. Everyone had their gifts, but his rocked planets to the very core. And he felt he needed this to redeem himself. And so, as the explosion, the encroaching extinction softly spread through the air, Fallout accelerated.

His palms hurt from the force of the explosions needed to push himself through slowed time. His body stung with the brick like air that the molecules had become. And yet he carried on, approaching the barrier as even Rallycry seemed to slow, his own gift struggling as time slowed further, and further, and further.

Fallout thudded against the barrier, paws pressing neatly down against the near rainbow-shining glass-esque barrier that was produced. A sharp ripple appeared where his paws landed, like landing in a puddle. Frozen in time. Fallout's visor flashed to a determined expression, his palm starting to glow a bright white.

The scarlet protogen whipped his clenched fist back, and then slammed his bare knuckles against the barrier, instantly igniting and forcing the explosion to occur. Light irradiated from the blast, instantly shattering the strong barrier in a single instant. Fallout gripped the shards of rainbow, throwing them to the side to make room for Rallycry to run.

"Go. Get to the pods and get everyone down here. Gear-Work, Lunch-Rush, everyone. I'll carve a whole straight down until I get to a beacon, and I will defend it with my life. Get Mason and Ja'Kle up there, get them their weapons, and get back down here. We should have never chanced just coming down and going back up." Fallout commanded, and a terrified Rallycry nodded his head, slowly moving to grab the three.

Fallout narrowed his eyes. Extinction event was one of his strongest attacks. One aptly named of course. And even so, it would not eradicate the threat. More likely, the reality-altering explosion would only allow more Residents to come out and attempt to attack him. Luckily, the planet was already ruined. He need not be careful.

It seemed almost unbearably slow, Rallycry thought, as he raced to grab Mason and Ja'Kle, as well as Ruinate. Not a single grain of sand stirred against his paws, his tail whipping against the air, his gift the only reason he could walk through the solid air in such a manner. He obeyed Fallout, turning quickly and rushing towards the exit. He needed to get out of there.