Chapter Seventy-Four

Chapter Seventy-Four: Eclipsical Tide

Water. The ocean. The tide.

Bathysphere felt his captain move behind him. He felt them all move and run towards the broken, raptured city. He could feel them through the individual droplets of water splashing against their soaked and chilled fur. He could feel the muddied water kick up from their frantic pawsteps. He could feel their hearts race and the water in their blood, as miniscule as it was.

Bathysphere felt the energy inside his veins. He could feel every molecule of water inside his own body, feeling it like the softest blanket covered his body. The protogen looked up, warmth radiated off of his body as the water droplets moved off of his soft fur, softly levitating in the air around him. Above him, the rain only softly fell, as it poured all around him.

Bathysphere had always known he was powerful. He'd never say it in polite company, but he knew it in his heart. He knew that Rip-Cord was too, he knew they all were. Hydrokinesis was what his ability was, the ability to control water. There were endless possibilities, and even with what he had demonstrated before, he now understood there were far more applications of it now.

Bathysphere curled his dark cyan claws together, small jolts of blue electricity sparked between his fur as he reached out. He could feel the figure out in the distance through the rain and the muddied water. They were floating atop a stretch of land in the sky, allowing the planet to break apart to try and capture them. Bathysphere knew time was of the essence.

Bathysphere bent his claws inward, congealing and turning the mud beneath him into a solid brick of ice and dirt. He bent down, gripping the plate of frozen liquid with his hands. With a singular pulse of his palm against the cold solid, Bathysphere shot into the sky with extreme force, long branches of blue lightning flinging off his body as he soured higher and higher.

Bathysphere felt the water rush towards him, and the cyan protogen smirked. As he reached the pinnacle of his arc, Bathysphere shot out of his. A torrent of water formed behind him from the rain, splashing against his back and sending him forward with extreme speed. His eyes glowed in a radiant light blue.

He could feel the pull of the God, or more so, Goddess. They were ahead of them, exerting their control over the earth, the ground and dirt itself. He could hear his conscious inside his head screaming out in anguish, threatening to burst within every synapse. A cold shake resounded within his soul, the White Boson remnant quaking as he felt the air warm.

And yet, the Overclock serum counteracted the effects as quickly as they appeared, Bathysphere clenched the piece of muddy ice as hard as he could. He could see the Goddess before him, the enchanting figure to many - And yet, not to him. The being was like any other to him, least of all enchanting.

The Goddess of the dirt was a large figure, standing up a broken piece of earth, drifting in the air via her commands. The figure was slim, tall and incredibly fit. She fit no known species, much alike the God of Absences, and the Goddess of the Ocean. The Goddess of Dirt was different.

Her skin was like dehydrated earth, cracking and sprinkling off small bits of dust and dirt. Dead veins made up a pleasant dress for her, coiled together so tightly that it didn't flow, almost like a dress glued into shape. The skin was colored the same as a rich, nutrient soul despite cracking and being compacted into that form.

Her eyes were large sockets above a thin bridged nose. There was no muzzle, a more flat face than any creature, possibly descended down from an ape. The nose was pointed, though upwards, and she had large triangular ears on either side, as well as a head full of spiked vines for hair.

There was nothing covering her bare chest, and below her thin stomach was that vine dress, anchored to her waist by a thin line of solidified dirt. Her feet, not paws, were also bare. They were the least cracked out of her entire body, though that wasn't saying much. Her vines atop her head stretcher around and coiled together to lay against her back.