Chapter Fifty-One

Chapter Fifty-One: Inorganic Creation

True terrifying presence came not from an arrogant, confident stride, but a calm and collected one in the face of horrors. Even for Gods, Goddesses, and Deities this genocide was an abomination to life itself. And as it turned out, a not-too-dissimilar God was the cause of it.

As Mason's broken group laid in the bloodshed, the sky itself rumbled with rolling thunder. It seemed to lighten, like some sort of new sun appeared in the sky. Electricity coursed through the air without clouds or cover, and it never seemed to strike the ground despite the sound of thunder cracking echoing.

Even as everyone was so tired, so disturbed and broken by the scene, they all stood to their paws in attention. They surrounded their captain, the ones that could stand anyways, and prepared to face the threat head on. No matter what, they protected their captain. This was not different.

A gentle figure descended down from the heavens before them all. Composed of a rolling white and gold substance, their body was much like The God of Absences, except instead of black writhing darkness, it was a morphing white and gold void. It was in the same figure, if a bit slimmer and more refined than it.

They stepped gently onto the bloody mass coating the ground. It pressed it's toes against the blood, the red liquid pushed away from his step. The God stood untainted by blood as it seemingly gazed at Mason's crew, no eyes on his face, no other features.

All but Mason, Fallout, Rip-Cord, and Renaissance fell to their knees and crumpled to the floor, but even for the already divine-experienced protogen it was a hard battle to not buckle and bend their knees. This being the third God that Mason has encountered, it had little effect on him.

The rabbit stood up, still dripping blood, most of it cemented into his skin and his armor. He brandished his dull blade, purple eyes dead to the world as he gripped them hard. The presence calmly put their hands behind their back, eyeless sockets staring at him coldly.

"Bless'd one, why do you try to prevent the inevitable?" The being asked, his voice sounding like a thousand different tones. From feminine to overwhelmingly dark. It echoed without end, feeling like it was drilling the last syllable into every single synapse in his brain. Mason clenched his blade tighter still.

"Because you are the instigator. Without you, and without all the other evil Gods, none of this death would have happened." Mason retorted back, taking strides towards the God. Without thought, Mason felt anger bubble in his chest, he threw his only weapon at the being.

It whizzed through the air, twinkling in the golden light being produced by the presence, and if it weren't for the God was a God, he wouldn't have been able to catch it. The god glanced down at it, it's face contorting as if it were grimacing.

"Mason Amor of Earth. Blessed by my sister. I can say that you are possibly the dumbest mortal I have ever had the displeasure of meeting." The being lost it's holier-than-thou feeling, and instead directly insulted mason, allowing the dull sickle to fall from his hands.

Mason scoffed, his eyes staring daggers at the creature, "I just don't care anymore. Leave this planet alone, leave all planets alone. I didn't want this bloodbath, but you instigated this affair, and now you're going to leave, if you know what's best for you."

And Mason genuinely felt that. The God searched his soul, but found no inclination of fear nor dread in his heart. It wasn't hardened either, either by willpower or determination to not get tainted by the affects of the war. The God's face stretched wide into an unnatural smile.

"I am not the instigator, as the God of Inorganic Creation, I cannot make anything that would harm a life directly." The God replied, still staring coldly at the rabbit with non-eyes, "You are the reason why a near thirty thousand have lost their lives here, not me."