Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chapter Thirty-Nine: Living, Breathing

Ja'Kles cheeks were flushed red as Mason dragged him through the ship, unable to hide his shame with a single hand as he was dragged across and down the ship, barely able to keep up with Mason's abnormally speedy pace. His fluffy fur was pressed tightly against his skin, making his figure quite clear to the one protogen out on the highway,

Mason skidded to a halt before the laboratories' door, his breathing slightly hard as the exertion of going that fast was painful on his still recovering body. He was warmed up too, due to Ja'Kle holding onto him, or more so, due to him holding onto Ja'Kle.

"Ruinate?" Mason asked the door, thumping his pained knuckle against the metallic plates. Ja'Kle heard a sigh emanate from behind it, though pawsteps soon followed. The doors opened quickly, revealing the dark purple and gray protogen before them, appearing immensely tired and put-off.

"Captain?" Ruinate asked, their voice also utterly tired and done with everything. They appeared much slimmer than before, like they hadn't been eating or drinking much, if that could even happen to a protogen, let alone in that time span. His visor was almost completely black, with his burning amethyst eyes appearing even more tired. Somehow emitting that emotion in the pixels.

"Ruinate, something's happening with me, and with Ja'Kle." Mason quickly explained, hauling Ja'Kle into the laboratory with him. Ruinate sighed as he closed the door behind them, taking notice that his captain seemed too chipper, and that Ja'Kle was also completely nude. The protogen only guessed the best.

"That's perfectly natural after coupling, Captain. Though, I do not believe we have anything for non-protective s-" Mason held up his hand, his upper lip twitching a little. Ruinate raised his pixelated eyebrows, and returned to silence as Mason explained further.

"Nothing happened, Ruinate. Well, nothing like that anyways." Mason explained, beginning to pace around the small space between two large, sterile white desks. He pressed his fingers together as he tried to put his experiences into words, "After I came back from meeting that Goddess, I felt cold. Extremely cold."

"Correct. We had all guessed due to you staying in the water for so long. I am guessing you found that it's not the cause?" Ruinate asked, quickly regaining a sense of urgency. The purple protogen walked towards his desk, collecting a small holographic device from atop it, appearing much like a paper notepad, but holographic. Self-Explanatory, really.

"You're right, I did find out why. It's due to the way my body handles Boson Energy. Or, I think, anyways. Like, how I was born able to handle it. Since I don't have a generator or an upgrade coursing through my veins, I can't use it. I only gain strength from being in a Boson Saturated environment." Mason continued further, giving Ja'Kle some new information.

Ruinate nodded, his three claws rattling against the holographic notepad in his hands, walking around Mason and taking in his physical attributes. And that most notably, he was, indeed, shivering just a little bit, despite his lab being rather sweltering. He noted a few things before turning to his desk, his visor displaying a frown.

Mason started towards Ja'Kle, already feeling the cold seep it's way through his spine, "Boson Energy comes in a spectrum, more or less. The base colors, like red and blue and green, all deal with a specific element in the universe." This was more so directed towards Ja'Kle, as Mason wasn't sure the Mosomarian knew it.

"Black Boson Energy is the most... innocuous. It deals with reality. While Boson Energy existing is a paradox, since it needs to be reality bending to exist, so it existed before it existed, Black Boson Energy only deals with reality, while the others deal with something, like the elements of fire, water, earth, and air." Mason further explained as Ruinate sat up.