Chapter Seventy-Two

Chapter Seventy-Two: A Rapture

Creation.

A concept of making something, whether consciously or just by random chance. The order in which things are put into to make new things. The events that caused something to happen, or caused the construction of new things. A universal concept, an ability so fantastic that it is often gifted to the omnipresence of deities.

Rip-Cord was a creation of Mason and Axles' brains. Like his teammates before and after him, he was designed with a specific power in mind: Rotation. An ability that Rip-Cord remembered hearing Axel say was "unique" and interesting. He had always thought that while it was unique, it was neither interesting nor powerful. Not like his teammates

Even as the sky trembled and the planet shook, Rip-Cord felt that nagging sensation that he couldn't do what was needed. That he was inadequate, that he was the last-of-the-last resort to save them all. That maybe his captain's pleading was born not out of frustration to have him understand, but out of a terrifying emotion of not getting out of this alive.

Energy surged through Rip-Cord's veins, crackles of White Boson-Energy firing off of his body. The ground splintered and blistered as dirt and rock was spun. In an instant, a chasm split the ceiling open, instantly letting in light to the deep underground. Heat blasted through and impacted the entire group as the thermal gas flowed.

White Sparks were flung off of Rip-Cords' black claws as his body began to rise slowly, branches of lightning attaching him to the walls as the Overclock serum flowed. In the next instant, the ground rumbled with a thunderous roar as the floor that the crew was backed up upon spun upwards, scratching at the inner crust of the planet.

Rip-Cord's face lacked any emotion, anything displayed. It was silent, not even a groan of exertion flowing from those simulated lips. Each claw spun independently, at different speeds, as they flew upwards, the momentum flattening the crew against the piece of earth. All those conscience practically lost consciousness right then and there, with only Mason and Ja'Kle conscious to experience it all.

The ground split apart even more. The mountain of rock and metal that sat atop the tunnel they were in crumbled to debris as the planet cracked under the pressure of Rip-Cord's power. Tectonic plates shifted by the sheer force of will that Rip-Cord exerted over them. Mile long stretches of White Boson-Energy lightning blasted off of his body as it constantly used and remade the energy required to accomplish such feats.

The piece of earth stopped instantly alongside Rip-Cord, whose outstretched arms commanded it. Ja'Kle and Mason, along with the crew, were thrown upwards before being stopped by rip-Cord himself, placed back upon the piece of earth with a gentle grace of ease. Rip-Cord himself kept in the sky, claws slowly tightening.

A thunderous boom resounded from the left hand side, and Rip-Cord turned his attention to that. The ground broke apart further as Rip-Cord forced more of his will upon the planet. His body spun without moving, his paws hanging limply as there was no need for them. It seemed that the serum was impacting him far more than the others.

Mason slowly sat up, holding his head as his blood pressure soared. The air was nipping at their bodies with the speed of the wind, and it was so very loud. And even with that the thunderous sound from the left drew his attention, a large blood red cloud of dust kicking up far in the distance, near a settlement - an arms factory.

The rapture of the planet reached far, far more than Rip-Cord ever thought possible. His eyes blinked to life on his visor, the white color pulsing as the energy soured even higher. Self-Replication was the Boson-Particles' main factor, and it appeared that the Overclock Serum was doing just that for some reason.