Chapter Eighty-Two

Warning: Soft Smut Ahead

Chapter Eighty-Two: The Night is still young

"How are you holding up?"

Was a question repeated often among the cafeteria group. The soft hum of the Air Conditioning, growing colder and colder as the heat from the kitchen grew. Most everyone was still up at this time, despite what their superiors might think. All but three remained in their rooms, though they all knew that two of them stayed in a single room.

Nebula sighed, rubbing her visor with her claws, clattering them against the oblong shape. Her eyes flashed to small "U"s, her tiredness leaking through even as she drank literal gallons of sugary sweet concoction. Her claws spread as she pressed her palm against one of the metallic tabletops, her tail slapping against the metallic floor behind her, the claws on her paws scratching gently.

"Not good." Was her response when someone asked her. That was most everyone's response. Gear-Work and Lunch-Rush could only do so much, and even after everyone gave their testimony, it was still too much for any duo to handle. They had already retreated back to their rooms. Besides them, only Fallout, Bathysphere, and Noxious were missing. Those three for rather obvious reasons.

Nebula gently lifted a swab of paper towards her, her claw softly glowing purple as the paper's gravity was altered. Most everyone was just trying to talk about mundane things. They needed to talk about mundane things, they really did. If they talked about Rip-Cord, or the fate of the universe, any of that, then they would only slip further down that slope of insanity.

Another protogen came up from behind her, her partner in the deck, Aberration. The blueish protogen sat down, bringing a plate of what looked to be some sort of blue rice and a slab of meat. He sat down beside her, his visor separating slightly before chomping down on the meat. He just needed company, she knew that.

"What do you think the Captain is doing, hmm?" She asked him, trying to make something up to talk about that they at least related to. Beyond fighting, these two were rather close with Mason, and to a certain extent Marissa and Ja'Kle. Given that they were on the deck, they interacted with him a lot.

"Ja'Kle." Aberration responded drly, though a thin grin spread upon his face. Underneath the image of a pure and slightly obedient protogen, Aberration could be considered somewhat dirty. Nebula knew this well, so his response wasn't all that unexpected. She expected Mason to be doing him as well, in all honesty. She hoped he was doing Ja'Kle.

"Come off it, haha..." Nebula chuckled, a small spark of life appearing in her body, she returned to her drink, downing most of the glass in one gulp, wiping the golden liquid from her visor. Her body could easily handle this much sugar, hell, she would need this much stored energy for the fights to come. The entire universe was at stake at this point. It was healthier than drinking alcohol at any rate, though it wouldn't affect her anyways.

"What do you think of the two together?" Aberration asked her, sliding a small slab of meat towards her on top of a napkin, which Nebula graciously accepted. The purple protogen quickly chomped down onto it, her visor forming sharp teeth to better cut up the food before disintegrating it and using its energy to fuel her body.

*******

Rough, slick. The squeak of the bed rocking against the metallic wall stung through the silent air. Quiet pants, soft moans, seperated the silence of the room. The room was heavy, the air hot and only growing more and more even as the air conditioner attempted to lower the temperature. Neither participants felt cold, quite the contrary.

Dust coated the bed, sticking to the sweat-soaked pillows. The two men atop the covers, locked in a tangle of limbs and tongue and bodies, groaned and ground into one another. Deep bellowing sighs of pleasure and floating grunts of satisfaction filled both sets of ears.