Chaper One Hundred and Thirteen

Chapter One Hundred and Thirteen: Perfect Utopia

"You want him, don't you? Still. I can feel that piece of him you carry around on you. Metal." Divento told him, eyes steeling as his internals squirmed against Mason's hold. Mason could his heart beat faster against that metal piece.

"And what else is there for you? Nothing else exists, kill me and you both will just starve in the darkness of nonexistence. You're all lucky you didn't die like Juda when everything was wiped out. Perhaps other Gods survived as well. It's no matter, really." He continued.

"You don't believe that I can bring him back, do you? That same lovable protogen that you discovered so much about yourself with. Yes, I know about him. You forget that we all were born from that explosion he created. We all know about him." Divento chuckled, his mish-mash of a body meshing and squishing together in a squealing fleshy ball as he chuckled.

Divento jutted his hand out, squishing the fingers into a tigh fist. With a flash of light that stung their eyes, a clawed, green hand materialized before them, slowly threading atoms together to create the particles, to create the elements, to create the fibers, the fabric, the muscles, the metal, the body.

"I can create a perfect replica of B-64. Down to every last particle, I remember it all. I can create a perfect utopia for you all. I mean, what other choice do you have? Everything's gone, everything is destroyed. And I can be far from it, existing in nonexistence so I'm not hurt anymore. It's a win-win."

"Mason!" Ja'Kle called out from behind the rabbit, unable to use his blessing anymore, floating almost limply. But Mason couldn't hear him. Sound couldn't travel, there was nothing to travel through. He saw what Divento had created, B-64's arm. He saw how Mason reacted. He knew something was up.

"B-64. He can be yours again Mason. All that guilt and heartache, all those night terrors, all those years without him, they can all be undone with just a little of my power. Just let me continue living, let nonexistence exist, and you'll be happy. Finally."

It was as if Mason found himself alone once more. He knew he was holding onto Divento with a death grip. He knew Ja'Kle was behind him. But it felt like he was alone with his thoughts. He could have B-64 back. That was a possibility. They didn't have to rewind B-01 back into existence to get him back. He was there. Just there, Mason saw his arm.

There was a tugging in his heart. Telling him that what Divento was saying was sfalse. That he couldn't bring the living back. How could he, he was the God of Inorganic creation. B064 had flesh, he had bone, he had blood. He had a brain. There was no way that he could be brought back exactly as he was.

And, yet, Mason saw the muscles intertwine themselves, that green fur wrap around darkened skin that placed itself upon the muscles. He saw B-64's arm, and that alone nearly broke him. Mason felt powerful emotions he hadn't felt in such a long time begin to bubble deep inside him, maneuvering like a primed volcano. A single tear manifested in the corner of his eye, Mason's grip on Divento lightening.

"Mason! He can't bring him back!" Ja'Kle called from behind him, voice wavering and tired, exhausted. Ja'Kle flexed his wings, attempting to fly towards him, to do anything, but there was nothing to push against. He couldn't get closer. He needed to get Mason to hear. Ja'Kle braced himself. He had an idea.

He was exhausted. He couldn't do barely anything to get Mason's attention. Sound didn't travel, he couldn't fly with nothing to push his wings off of. But if he pushed himself completely and utterly, he could maybe throw absent matter at Mason. He wasn't sure if absent matter could transfer sound, considering it being absent, but it was worth a shot at saving him.

Ja'Kle reached back with an open palm, feeling the bones in his arm click oddly. His arm was buckling under it's own eight, but Ja'Kle trucked through the pain. He felt a slimy, burning sensation eat away at his hand. Maybe a side-affect of using hisblessing when he was almost so exhausted hee could barely move.