Chapter Fifty

Chapter Fifty: The Genocide of The Forge

Trigger Warning: What the title says

If blood could stain the sky, it would be a putrid red.

Mason was covered, head to paw, in the red liquid. His armor and his fur drenched in vicious red blood, his blade dulled to a mere blunt force weapon as the fight raged on. The air had an almost metallic taste to it, and the ground was stained a dried blood red.

The force of his strikes no longer severed tissues and cut cleanly through bone. No, the blade was more so a long metallic stick, curved to a point, used to pummel flesh and crack the bone. It was slippery, constantly drenched in new blood as Mason and his crew rampaged across the army.

Mason had long grown accustomed to the red. His constant movement ached his bones, the force of each and every strike ringing in his arms, but he had to keep going. No one could do anything that would kill a majority of the Kakuralites without killing themselves or their teammates in the process, or Pearly Gates, or whatever remaining scientist was there.

There was a faint drumming in their hearts, like a piece of their soul was draining from their body with each and every loss of life. Everyone was utterly drenched in blood, soaking so far and so vastly that their chest plates, usually white or gray, now appeared as a painted dark red.

"Bloodflow Plume..." The tired voice of Viscera yelled, their body collapsing onto the floor. They had been trying their best to supply weapons and ammunition, but as more and more of the Kakuralites appeared, the more and more Mason's group were pushed back.

Their blood escaped their body, twirling in the air by their final command. The three closest Kakuralites had the blood pierce their body, injecting itself into their bloodstream and infecting them, conducting the flow of blood to outpour from their orifices, instantly vanquishing them.

Marissa protected the ruby protogen, herself dripping with blood. She tried her best to distance herself from the battlefield, but the sea of blood was so vast and hideous that it even reached her. Her eyes were wide, and appeared to let soft tears fall as she held out her hand.

She dropped from her vantage point, crashing against the earth as two Kakuralites approached Viscera, hoping to crush them underneath the might of their weapons, large electric-conducting sticks meant to cause the most sadistic pain in their subjects at the ready to strike.

As her tears fell, her eyes glowed a white color. The Kakuralites approaching glowed in that same color, and in a near instant, their gravity shifted, practically liquifying their bodies as they were pulled to the ground, instantly killing them.

Artillery fire drenched the battlefield, taking out as many of their own as it did sting Mason's group. Fallout had to keep in the air with his explosions, whizzing to-and-fro to make sure that the strikes never landed, and if they did, only partially explode.

Mason felt his arm sting with every swing of his arm, the Boson Rich environment the only thing keeping him active as his crew expended their own constantly. Rallycry was trying his best to keep them updated, but it was hard traversing a battlefield like this.

Pearly Gates were dead, that much they knew. If somehow a few of them survived, it would be a divine miracle. Even Mason's team appearing in the nick of team was only a minor distraction, and upon them trying their best to get closer, Pearly Gates were all executed.

"Decay Stream." Ruinate muttered from the very back of the group, keeping the area around Mason and his protogen clear of flanking. His power was Decay, and as he dug his black claws deep into the metallic parts of the planet, piercing the light foil that some parts contained, it started to run it's course.