Chapter Fifty-Five

Chapter Fifty-Five: Pride in His Heart

"You're ship has... I don't even know how it's been able to maintain function, considering how close together these Fold-Streams are." The diagnostic report was read out by a Synth assistant, Carfield, to Mason and Axel. His piercing green eyes stared at Mason, expecting an explanation.

"We've had to move quickly from planet to planet due to the increased number of Pattern-Screamer, as well as Divine, sightings." Mason explained in the most formal way possible, and the synth before him huffed, "What? I'd rather risk bricking my ship entirely than risking an entire planet's worth of people."

The synth shrugged, it's strong metallic plates that it called scales clinking rhythmically due to the action. It seemed that Axel had his eyes dead set on this one, glancing at it's behind, and subsequent thick tail, as it turned to check on a computer. Mason lightly elbowed the hyena, and Axel gave his species' customary laugh.

"I know, Axel has had his eyes on me for a while. So far, I'm the only one to reject his advances. And it will stay that way." The synth responded to the laugh without turning around, shifting through a stack of papers. He sighed as he collected a small file, his curved beak-like muzzle turning ever so slightly in a smile. Mason could only guess that he enjoyed being chased for some reason.

"Anyways, back to you." Carfield continued, opening the hard-covered file and shifting through the documents, "You currently have the entire population of my species, that existed on the nearby planet, on board inside an Eon-Gate, correct?" Carfield asked, and Mason nodded.

Carfield turned to the side, his tail sliding across the floor as he walked across the small office-type building they were inside, the stretched insides of a small apartment building's entrance, "Among other things, besides that information, and the Fold-Stream and Boson Generators being nearly busted, your ship hasn't received any major damage. Thank the gods."

The duo of Mason and Axel followed the synth across the room, towards a light brown wooden desk with an old computer, one that greatly resembled those on Earth, courtesy of Axel being nostalgic about losing that sort of thing, "Besides that, you're all good on the diagnostics part. We've extracted the data that you provided us, and we got everything you need here." The synth patted his computer.

He turned, beginning to type in a password with an actual mechanical keyboard, colored a faded black for aesthetic purposes, "We have everything, including that little bit of data that Rip-Cord couldn't exactly crack. We have the info you seek." Carfield explained, pressing the 'space' key on the keyboard, causing a file application to open. He shifted through it with a mouse-like device.

"Wait, you know where Juda is?" Mason asked, examining the computer that the synth was accessing. The aforementioned entity nodded, eyes flashing back to the screen as Axel lazily yawned from behind either of them, uninterested in the conversation but sticking around for Carfield.

"Yes. She was supposed to be on Hispon-Prime to await the tenth buy-seller's commands, but she ultimately hasn't responded to any of the recent inquiries. Or, at least, any of the more recent inquiries. Her exact whereabouts are unknown, but seeing as who she was wanting to sell to, she is most likely in Neverarian-Space."

Mason chuckled, pushing himself off of the wooden desk with a huff, "Well, of course she's going there." He complained to himself, sighing deeply. His purple eyes turned to the bleak gray walls that constituted the rest of the office work-place environment below that apartment building, "Well, at least we know that. Anything we need to worry about?" He asked, and Carfield clicked his synthetic tongue.

"Not that much. She's trained in self-defense, but only for a year. She knows how to handle long range as well as close-quarter weapons, but that's about it. None of it military grade, and no special abilities. Though, if she's dealing in Boson Energy, this information is likely dubious, all things considered." Carfield exposited, reading off of the file on the screen.

"Anything else?" Mason asked, and the synth shook his head.