Chapter Fifty-Six

Chapter Fifty-Six: Oh, Wow

"Oh... Wow."

Was the simple reaction that Ja'Kle experienced upon finishing his training session with Marissa. Soaking through his clothes with sweat, swamped with tiredness and over all just feeling lethargic after expending the vast amount of his energy, Ja'Kle still couldn't help but feel a pulse in his heart - and another organ - upon spotting Mason.

There was something simple about how he was dressed. Maybe it was a combination of someone so strong and powerful dressing like that, that made Ja'Kle just feel incredibly warm, but whatever it was, it was strong. Even Marissa took notice.

Mason was sitting down on the concrete floor, lightly tapping his adorable (in Ja'Kles opinion) paws against the surface. He wore rather revealing clothing, and although he didn't look too happy about it, he was happy to see Ja'Kle finally finish his training session, however sweaty and uninviting he was.

The black rabbit simply sat back up, tucking his arms behind his back as he walked with soft pawsteps towards Ja'Kle. If it weren't for the fact that he had a rather obvious sign of him being a male, that being a lack of breasts, then Ja'Kle could've easily mistaken him for a girl. Not that it was a bad thing, as in Ja'Kles view, it was certainly a good thing.

As Mason approached, Ja'Kle thought fast. He raised a fist out in front, like if he was holding a cup of coffee, and squeezed gently. Using the last little bit of his already exhausted pool of energy, he created a simple rose construct. Jet black and twirling with absent matter, it was quite a beautiful sight to bear witness too, as it seemed to beam out black light, twinkling in the actual light.

Ja'Kle held out a weary arm, holding the rose between his thumb and forefinger. Mason stopped short of it, and with a brief pause, accepted the rose gently, "Thanks... It's really pretty." Mason announced, holding the rose gently. It was weightless, but somehow had the impression of weight as the gravity against his wrist pulled a bit more than usual, giving the illusion of weight.

Ja'Kle could barely muster out a 'Y-yeah' before stumbling into Mason dramatically. Although a bit embellished by Ja'Kle, Mason caught his boyfriend all the same, "He's dead tired." Marissa spoke the obvious with a toothy grin, giving Mason the thumbs up. She turned towards the bubble that they had just exited out of to completely erase it.

"Hello..." Ja'Kle muttered into Mason's crop-top-hoodie, smirking gently as he hugged him. Mason simply chuckled, bending his knees so he could wrap one arm underneath his knees as the other against his back. With a heaving breath, Mason cradled his boyfriend in his arms as the Mosomarian rested.

"Hello..." Mason chuckled, muttering it out. Upon seeing that somehow, none of his protogen had seen him in the few hours he had been there, Mason started towards the exit of the little court they were in. He was tired, but not near the same tiredness as Ja'Kle. The beautiful Mosomarian managed to create a functioning computer with that power, of course he was dead tired.

Mason's mind worked hard as he ascended the stairs out of the place, reaching back onto the 'surface' of the O.R.B.. His love with Ja'Kle had only increased since they had last left one another's embrace, and after seeing how hard the Mosomarian was working to get better at fighting and not being an 'in distress' person, Mason felt obligated to show his thanks.

And no, not in that way.

Undoubtedly, once Scion was done tending to her infinite planters and plants, she would message Mason about the plan going forward. The crisis with the Kakuralites was just something that happened, and the clean up effort was still going, although most of the battlefield was cleaned and somewhat restored.