Chapter Fifty-Eight

Chapter Fifty-Eight: Neverarian-Space

Among the many different governmental bodies that stretched across the cosmos at large, there were few that were true beacons. The Protogen were a beacon of progress through any means, the Kakuralites were a beacon of conquest. Perhaps the Everelite Empire, that being one of the bigger governments in the universe, could be the beacon for hope.

Neverarian-Space was, then, a beacon of depravity and hedonistic sin. A self-imposed isolation of all it's residents, the space was easy to get into, but nearly impossible to get out on account of the lack of rules, besides a few societal ones that needed to exist for the place to function at all.

One could ask and question why a place such as Neverarian-Space could exist with the Federation and the Empire existing, or other police forces that are tasked with destroying such places. For Neverarian-Space, it didn't come down to a defence through iron-will and firepower, though it certainly had that. No, it came down to economic power.

Neverarian-Space was a conglomerate of many different planets and small local governments. Tera-formed and connected in the days that ferals were evolving sapience on Mason's homeworld, the planets had been around for so long, since even the birth and creation of the first Protogen.

It supplied every government, no matter how small, with great financial power, as general firepower.  Everyone sent goods and weaponry through the space so they wouldn't have to pay taxes or any other sort of fee. They bought and sold their own weapons, traded wealth for wealth.

Even if the Federation wanted to get rid of it, which they did as the Federations' council, being functionally immortal and majorly inorganic, had no need for more wealth, they couldn't. The 'ruling' class, which were really mob bosses and pimps, of Neverarian-Space had sunk their teeth too deep into the other governments for it to be pulled off with nearly or fully destroying those societies.

And Mason Amor was aware of this. One of the greatest places in the universe for debauchery and sin was in front of them. A single planet, the biggest in the galaxy that constituted Neverarian-Space. A hub of sorts, the main trading ground. Mason doubted that Juda would come there, the one person they had been chasing for her possession of Boson Energy secrets.

His amethyst purple eyes scanned the cosmos before them, his piercing gaze laying upon the multitudes of clouds and storms raging across the tropical planet. Airies was what it was called, a tropical planet with many small cities dotting here and there, vibrant on the side of the large planet that The Divine Intervention had stopped on, the many lights shining even that far out into space.

Neverarian-Space had many different planets for different uses. Airies was the main planet, the hub and the most used for trading deals, prostitution, and porn industries, as that was outlawed in many different governments. For some reason, Mason wasn't even sure. In the Federation, and in the Everelite it wasn't, but it was practically everywhere else.

Neverarian-Space was where they got that fix.

Besides Airies, there were other planets that had more specific purposes. Notably, Nok. Nok was a planet that had a lot of mystery surrounding its name, but it's usage was clear. It was a weapons manufacturing, testing, and buying ground. A deserted and desert planet, desolate from most life. Even from space, Mason could see craters the size of countries dotting it's landscape.

If Juda wasn't going to Airies, then she would most likely go to Nok, Mason was sure of it. Most of the other planet's had less importance, with specifics in either manufacturing materials, mining operations, and a few planets for those rich government officials to 'take a load off' both figuratively and literally.