Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine: In an even more of a bind

Steam radiated off of the windowed glass, calmly stirring in the low air. The dark fur of Mason Amor glistened with the water steaming off the showerhead, water blasting out of the showerhead at high pressure.

Mason pressed his head up against the wall, sighing as deep as he could. He could hardly think anymore, especially atfer what had happened the night before. Mason brought his black fingers up against his face, his purple eyes closing as he gasped, the water getting warmer.

Not a single member of the Council had survived.

Granted, Mason himself did not feel all too bad about the deaths. He was tired and sad about it, of course, any death caused him to feel that way. If anything, he was more upset about what could possibly happen due to their deaths.

The Council, however prudish and somewhat unworthy as they were, served a very important purpose. Keeping track of the entire Federation, spanning an utterly mind boggling sixty-seven billion light-years. That was nearly half of the entire universe that they could reach.

Mason sighed, pressing his finger up against the wall, allowing the warm water to run down his back and rear. With the council dead, and without any of the children of the council not being able to step outside their birthing pods, due to the added mutations needed to become a council member, the Federation will collapse.

And Mason couldn't do anything about it.

Despite everything, despite what the Council has done since the last one's dethroning, they did give him a home. They give him an entire team of his handmade protogen, they gave him a family after his own's death. The least Mason could do was find out why.

Mason stopped the water flow, sighing as his breath lifted into the air. He pressed his palm against the door, pushing it open. He stepped out, dainty paws stepping out onto the cold floor. Mason shook his head, using his hands to squeeze out the last bit of water in his large ears.

Mason slowly brought the towel on the floor up to his body, trying to squeeze all the water out. And the best he could come up with is that someone in the Federation, almost certainly a protogen, had planned that invasion.

Mason wrapped the towel around himself, stepping outside the bathroom. He normally wouldn't have done with the formality of covering himself, but given the situation, he considered it important.

Mason stepped out into his room, chilled air pumped in through the vent beside his bed. Upon said purple disgruntled bed sat a specific Mosomarian, Ja'Kle, pretty much knocked out, having a cast around his arm, and a rather large black device around his hand.

Mason didn't say much, he just simply walked towards the other side of his bed, where underneath the bed was a small compartment keeping his clothes. He was happy that his sister wasn't in the room sleeping, like she had been for the past fourteen hours.

Or, more so, sleeping about every other hour and waking up in a cold sweat.

Mason rummaged through his clothes, deciding to go on what looked like a pair of sweatpants, and a black shirt. With his sister aboard, along with Ja'Kles current state, he wasn't exactly looking to be walking around in the nude, no matter how comfortable it was.

After getting his clothing on, Mason began his walk towards the medical wing, or more so, to Gear-Works room. There were several protogen still being worked on, and not even Gear-Works power of total deformation and restoration was able to get it done in a single go. Though, that was due to the fallibility of their power source for the time being.