Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve: A Pervert's Gaze

If there was one thing that Ja'Kle could really, really get behind in this fantastically comical thing he called his life, it was seeing Mason, just sitting there, completely exposed. Just baring it all for all those that had eyes.

Technically speaking, Ja'Kle wasn't a pervert at heart. Could he make a few lewd jokes here and there, sure. But this whole thing was just too much. He didn't catch all that much, as the protogen taking 'care' of him obstructed his view almost as soon as he got it.

But, still, it was practically ingrained in his memory. Ja'Kle wasn't entirely sure on how he felt about that.

And even more so, he wasn't sure on how he felt about having his dust collected. The protogen and Mason switched from Protogenia to Galactic Basic in some sentences, and other times they just communicated by... looks?

He had, before this whole thing went down, seen that they had brought up his DNA, or at least his genetic structure, because he saw the protogen bring up that computer screen. So, he must have something valuable in him, or his dust. Possibly due to his ability to knock out the protogen?

"Should be enough. The Screamers are in the Eon-Gate, so it shouldn't be that bad. I'll have to shut it off before we slip, though." The protogen spoke out after he collected a jar's worth of dust, somehow procuring a whistling noise.

"I'm, frankly, still surprised that you use it... Is Obsidian still in there, because I swear that I saw them on Ion-1." Mason asked, hopping off the counter with a pep in his step. Ja'Kle blushed hard as he saw that.

It wasn't even his fault.

"No, Marissa and Axel got them out a few weeks after you awoke three years ago. I'm surprised you didn't know. In other, more important news-" The protogen spoke, bringing up the jar of stormy gray dust, "we got what we needed."

"Good. I'll take him to the cafeteria to get him something to eat. Lunch-Rush is still there, right?" Mason asked, moving to the side as Ruinate rushed past him, carefully holding the bottle like it was the last bit of alcohol in the apocalypse.

Ruinate turned around, thumbing lightly at the bottle's golden lid, "Do you need a change of clothes, captain? We don't have a problem with it, but..." He gestured to the very flustered Ja'Kle, who before Mason turned around, was quite obviously staring at his behind.

Granted, there was nowhere else interesting to peer at, but still.

"Nah, I promised Viscera a sparring match, I'll just change there. Besides, I like seeing him squirm." Mason told his science officer, who simply shrugged and went on his merry way towards the Eon-Gate, "I'll tell ya when it's time to go." Mason called after him.

And with that, the restraints that held Ja'Kle in place suddenly retreated back into the gurney. Ja'Kle sat up quickly, rubbing his wrists as they had been held far too tightly for far too long. He shook his body, and unsurprisingly, no dust scattered from it.

"Come on, Ja'Kle. Turns out you have some good uses after all, so we'll keep ya with us. We'll even pardon you for the crimes." Mason told him, a smirk firmly implanted into his features. The Mosomarian briefly forgot that Mason was completely vacant of anything resembling clothing, and glanced up to give him a witty quip.

And was immediately stopped in his tracks.

Now, he understood that being an organic being high in the protogen ranks meant that he had to be at least somewhat athletic, and had to have a good brain. What he didn't know was that the whole "being athletic" part came in second to being absolutely stunning.