Chapter Sixty-Six

Chapter Sixty-Six: The Underground

The smell of burning flesh and dusting bones perforated the underground. Legions upon legions of dead Silent-Screamers littered the floor, their mindless brains splattered against the walls, their thin flesh and almost nonexistent muscles smeared against the ceiling.

The air was cold, despite the constant ignitions of explosions and the numerous fire users that existed in the group. Mason, Ja'Kle, Render, and his boyfriend Wither, were all at the forefront, panting hard with their weapons stained and dusty. They were exhausted, tired, but they were not ready to give up. They had already spent more time on the surface than they should have. It was time to end this, now that they were so close.

"Focus on taking out the big ones!" Mason yelled as another wave of silence was about to befall them. Ja'Kle readied his knives, the ethereal blackness spinning around him before morphing into the blades. Silence fell onto them all once again as the cascading tsunami of white flesh and brittle bones flooded into the passageway.

As they ventured deeper and deeper and deeper into The Underground, they encountered hulking beasts of Silent-Screamers at times. Stronger, faster, and more independent than their skinnier relatives. Often, they appeared in sets of threes or fours in a wave. They died much the same, only they were harder to put down.

Wither bounded forward, dark blue paws striking up huge splashes of blood as he brandished his sword, "Star-Reaper". He arched his back, jumping hard as his tails spun in the air. He plunged his sword into the crowd, his body hardening as he eviscerated the horde.

The entire group of protogen became alive once more as they all ran to tackle this threat, "Nebula, Marissa, Fallout, make a bigger area." Mason signed, gripping his sickle, turning it into a Scythe as he ran forwards. Ja'Kle followed him, the ethereal blackness spiraling up his body, morphing into his now customary knives. His wings rustled as the added Boson in the air sextupled.

Mason concentrated on nothing else but carnage as explosions were felt ringing from around them. Renaissance, Viscera, Aberration, and Cardinal acted as support for them, holding and creating supports, shields and weapons for the entire miniature army to use, holding up the tunnel as Fallout expanded the space, Nebula using her abilities to hold up certain parts so the others could get there, accompanied by Marissa.

Mason slammed his arm down, the blade cutting clearly through a smaller Silent-Screamer, the bones instantly disappearing as they turned to dust with a silent gasp. Mason spun the Scythe, turning it into a Sickle so he could catch another Silent-Screamer, arching the blade so that the curved point punctured straight up from the jaw to pierce and shish-kabob the brain.

Mason yanked it out, his ears twitching as the silence stung. He spun around, slamming the tipped sickle into another Silent-Screamers' head right before it attacked Ja'Kle, who was busy cutting apart another Silent-Screamer. The two shared a brief look of love before they returned back to their objective. Destroying this threat.

"Cannon-Fodder!" Fallout attempted to yell out his 'ultimate' move, though his visor simply moved without any vocalizations. His claws warmed and bent as he controlled his explosions. He shot his arm out, a stream of condensed explosive potential steaming dead-ahead towards a large group.

Fallout staggered as he fell to the ground, but quickly shot up and attempted to voice his command again, both destroying the screamers and remodeling the claustrophobic hallway. He shook himself after the forth, his energy drained, wherein he grabbed his bow from his back, the red hard-light appearing as arrows for him to fire.

Rip-Cord slipped ahead of Mason, his claws spinning so fast that if it weren't for the fact that the area was completely silent, they would've been deafening. The fearless monochromatic protogen dismantled the organs and the flesh and bone and muscle of the Silent-Screamers ahead, a look of fierce determination on his face. There was something so inspiring about that to the group.