Chapter Forty-Two

Chapter Forty-Two: A Legacy Filled

There came a point in the coming hours after Mason and Ja'Kles conversation that made Mason wonder, "How do I do this?"

He was a flustered mess, all things considered. He might've been more confident in the moment of suggestion and initial shock than he was now, three hours later and laying in bed once again. Ja'Kle was beside him, hand-in-hand, taking a blissful nap.

It had been several hours since the two had agreed upon the coupling, and Mason was feeling all out of sorts. After their conversation, they had been recalled towards the lab for more testing, to make sure that in the coming hours, after their nap, they could go into the Fold-Stream once more.

Mason was down to acceptable levels of Black-Boson Energy absorption, but he still needed to hold Ja'Kles hand to reduce it. Not that Mason minded, not anymore at least.

As Mason shifted underneath the blankets, he felt his heart flutter a little bit. He had never had an 'official' boyfriend before. Never outright said anything, never admitted anything. He loved B-64, and their final goodbyes were a testament to that, but they hadn't officially become boyfriends.

Mason and Ja'Kle had, and it was a new experience for both of them. Mason couldn't sleep, he was so excited. There was just something about it becoming official, something about changing the word friend to boyfriend that really got to Mason hard.

He had denied himself so many experiences in his grief, Mason was seeing that now. And, no doubt, he'd still be denying himself more and more as the years progressed. He doubted he could get over B-64, and just how important and monumental his impact left in his life, and...

Mason was fine with that.

B-64 had left a legacy, he had left something that Mason had decided to fill. However, that legacy was built on a relationship of trust and battle-hardened-experience. Without that relationship, his legacy couldn't ever carry on, no matter how hard Mason wanted it to.

With Ja'Kle, he felt more complete than he had for three years up to this point. No matter if they had only officiated it several hours prior, it felt right and it felt good. With the officiation of their relationship in order, Mason felt truly happy. Any time he had been with the Mosomarian, he had been happy. Or, at least, happier than he would've been.

Mason turned his head to the side, staring lovingly at Ja'Kle. He hadn't noticed, if either guilty ignorance or conscious effort, just how handsome, or in another word pretty, the Mosomarian was. If Ja'Kle found him hot, then Mason found the Mosomarian adorable.

His large head was proportional to his body, with his cheeks fluffed out by the two weeks they had been out in space. His chest fluff fully overlapped the thin blankets placed atop them. They had decided to slip out of their clothing, mostly just due to their desire to be without it, but partly due to them now being a 'couple'.

He had a flat stomach, though Mason wouldn't have cared otherwise. From the past few days, his arms had healed and had grown a tad more muscular, aided by his 'evolution'. His 'fur' was a snowy white, almost powdery, while his chest fluff was more grayish.

His large eyes were closed softly, his little curved nose twitching as he rested. Mason hadn't exactly realized it before, but he realized that many other species were put off by the large, bulbous eyes that the Mosomarian had. Maybe not to the extent of the revilement that the Igni-Tenbris faced, but it wasn't a trillion miles off.

Atop from his head came two small tufts of more fluffy and long fur, which encapsulated the ear holes. There were two small little antennae peeking out from his head that Mason hadn't noticed before, though he guessed it was rather obvious, as Ja'Kle was descended from moths. Even if they were extraterrestrial ancient moths.