44

Continuing Tessa

"He must have hit him with some bloody force to cause him to collapse like that" Trish's eyes widen and a hand covers her mouth. "He did! Countless of times. According to Emery he kept going until Hardin fell to the ground" I yell. It's neither Kim's or Trish's fault so I shouldn't be yelling at them but I'm so furious right now that I can't help it.

Mike is stood sticking out like a sore thumb, not quite sure what to say or do. I feel for the guy, it can't be easy being surrounded by drama when you're such a laid back person.

"Why didn't you pull Vance off of him? Why didn't you stop him!" I am now crying and I can't stop my bottom lip from trembling. "I tried. I really did. There's only one person who Christian gets that defensive over and as much as I wish it was me, it isn't. It's Trish" her voice is shaky and she dials his number once more. She becomes frustrated when he doesn't pick up, yet another time.

I rush over to my husband, desperate to know if he'll be okay. "Is everything okay?" I frantically ask the paramedic who is busy testing Hardin's reflexes. "Well as your husband is responding normally to light and has normal eye movement, it doesn't look like he's seriously hurt. It seems that he has a bit of concussion from the impact of the punch, but with any head injury, we can't take any chances. We advise that Hardin makes his way to the hospital just to get checked over... but he's being stubborn" the young man who introduced himself as Martin explains, rolling his eyes briefly.

"Hardin! Don't be ridiculous" I scoff. "If they think that you need to go to the hospital then you should go to the hospital" I add, waving my arms in the air. "I'm fine, Jesus Tessa just leave it" he is now sitting up and I'm relieved as the colour has returned to his face. "It's not the first time I've had a concussion and it probably won't be the last, knowing my clumsy arse" he huffs, while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Hardin Allen Scott, I swear to god if you don't listen to those gentleman and go and get yourself checked, I-" Trish Chimes but is interrupted by Hardin. "Okay, okay, I'll bloody go if it will shut the two of you up, but like fuck am I going in an ambulance" he snaps. While standing to his feet and gaining balance. His mother is the only person Hardin is threatened by.

"We're happy for Hardin to make his own way to the hospital as long as he is accompanied" the slightly older paramedic informs. "No blue lights and sirens for you today sir" Martin makes a joke, causing my husband to obnoxiously roll his eyes. We thank the paramedics for being so nice and reassuring and I see them out.

I head into the sitting room to let everybody know that Hardin is okay and share some light humour about how it wouldn't be a Scott gathering if there wasn't drama. I pass Kimberley in the hall on the way back into the kitchen and she has the phone to her ear as she paces back and forth. It appears that Vance finally answered the phone by the concerned look on her face.

Hardin has taken a seat at the kitchen counter and his mother is seated next to him, Mike on the other side of her. She appears to be grovelling to explain her actions and he looks like he couldn't care less. I approach them and Trish turns her attention to me.

"I owe you both an explanation" she practically whispers, careful not to trigger Kimberly. I nod, gesturing for her to talk. "When Saffron and Miller were born, I had a missed call from Vance. I didn't call him back and we didn't speak until a week later, when I answered his phone call. He congratulated me on becoming a grandma again and I thanked him.. but things took a turn when Vance declared his undying love for me and I had to break it to him that I'm back with Mike" she lowers her head, realising how uncomfortable her husband must be right now.