141

Emery

"What's with her?" Alana's squeaky voice brings me out of my trance. I know they're conspiring about me, yet I don't care enough to engage. I take in my surroundings, scouring the dining hall for any sign of my boyfriend. I then remember that it's Friday and we have a free period after lunch, therefore giving us an early finish. I release a deep sigh, knowing that Charlie utilises the free afternoon to practice. As much as I wish that he'd spend that time with me, the big final is in less than eight weeks time. I guess I understand.. he has no time to waste.

"I know! She's been swirling that one fry around in ketchup for over fifteen minutes!" Olivia stresses and drop it when I realise that she's right. I'll admit, i have a lot on my mind right now. We're only five days into the new semester and Somehow, the whole school knows that Charlie will be graduating a year early. I literally only found out a week ago, myself!

I'm so sick of being given unwanted relationship advice by his stupid little fan girls. I'm sick of people trying to get into my head, telling me that the minute Charlie leaves for college, that's us over. I don't want to believe that that's what will happen, but the fear has been planted and it's growing bigger everyday.

"I can hear you, you know.." I break my silence and my three best friends giggle in unison. "She talks!" Nancy chimes in and a small smirk escapes my lips. "Im sorry, I just have a lot to think about" I admit, my eyes darting to the ground. The girls glare at me in confusion and I lose eye contact within seconds. I don't really want to talk about it.. not yet.

"Please tell me that you aren't letting that dizzy bitch, Alyssa Shaw get to you!" Olivia barks and I bite my lip to stifle my reaction. I hate to admit it, but she's right. When the cheer captain is telling the whole school that Charlie and I are ancient history, and basically laughing in my face, it's hard to ignore.

"It's not just her, other people have said the exact same thing" I mutter as I anxiously pick at my fingernails. I don't know why I'm listening to any of them. Charlie has promised that we will make things work and I know that he's doing all of this for us and our future. I know that he would never give up on us so easily. I know him, far better than any of those sleazy cheerleaders think they do.

The bell rings and I'm thankful for the distraction. The four of us are quick to dispose of our plates and with that, we make our way to the pick up spot. I know that my dad will be on the way to get me in my car, he promised to let me drive home today. I have my drivers test in a couple of weeks and i need all the practice that I can get. Little does he know, I agreed to drop each of the girls off at home on the way. I know that he won't be best pleased, my girls can be a handful at the best of times. I smirk to myself as I picture his reaction when Alana, Nancy and Olivia climb into the backseats.

I roll my eyes as the trio continues to gossip about my situation as though I'm not here. Alyssa Shaw's name comes up a number of times, as I look out for a dark haired British guy in a white Range Rover Sport, better known as my father.

"Speak of the devil" my subconscious chimes, as I feel something brush against my shoulder. My heart begins to palpitate when the cheer captain and her bitchy friends storm past, almost knocking me over in the process. Hell, she grinds my gears. I retrieve my balance, whilst silently cursing her. What the hell is her problem? She never even acknowledged me before Charlie and I got together.

"I fucking hate that bitch" Nancy crosses her arms in a strop and within seconds, the three girls are performing their best impression of her. "I'm Alyssa Shaw" Olivia flicks her hair for extra effect.