The Last of the Order of the Mystics

Team Azula now walked back on their utterly broken-down feet towards the Sentinel Tree once more.

The forest had finally gone back to its previous peaceful quiet in the wake of both Silah and the invading soldiers being dealt with.

Azula glared on with unusually exhausted amber golden eyes as she braced her little girlfriend's small body over her armored back.

As the three noblewomen pulled themselves along beside their leader.

They watched through the corners of their gazes as Elle lay face first in the princess's dark hair.

"Azula-sama..." Elle murmured in a timid voice as she hugged the older woman around the neck while she listened to her mistress let out a low growl that sent a pleasurable shudder down her spine.

"Just one more wretched talk, Elle, and then we will go home." Azula remarked in a commanding voice as she stomped along with the young girl hanging onto her back.

The petite girl nodded with a smile on her lips as she clung adorably to the much taller girl's back.

As the others stared on from behind in silent amazement.

And it wasn't too long after that that the princess kicked open the door to the hollow tree.

The four highborn women quickly poured in as they struggled not to collapse on their feet.

"Boy, am I glad to see this tree." Mai grumbled under her breath as they rounded their way around the corner.

"You and me both, Saolin." Zoi stated as she stumbled her way down the hall of the hollow tree.

Only for the four highborn women to enter in the next room.

And it was then that Nako dropped the book that she was researching with her brown eyes gazing back at the group in horror.

Saro glanced up with his mouth ajar in shock.

And even Jiao stopped what she was doing to turn to gaze their way in disbelief.

"P-Princess! Are you alright! What happened!" Nako cried out as she ran towards her princess while Azula's cold eyes turned to glance her way.

And for the most fleeting of instances the princess's harsh gaze flickered with something akin to relief to see that her subordinate cared about her.

"I am alive, Nako. We ran into a group of dangerous enemies on the other side of that spirit portal." Azula responded in a drained voice as sweat still dripped down her regal brow.

The three commoners listened with looks of worry in their eyes.

And while the seductress tried to hide it the younger woman couldn't help but stare back at her battered lover in concern.

'What kind of enemy is capable of doing that to the princess and the captain! It looks like they just went another round with that monstrous puppeteer!' Saro thought with his golden eyes flickering in worry.

"Are.... you going to be okay, Zoi?" Jiao inquired in a softer voice than usual while the noblewoman nodded her head.

"I'll live, Jiao. I just don't want to see any more snow for a long time." Zoi replied while her lover gazed back at her with a confused look in her eyes.

"Snow, Captain? There was snow there?" Saro pondered in a bewildered voice as he now took note in the wounds that could only have come from the cold.

"I-is there anything I can do for you, Your Highness?" Nako questioned in a devoted voice while princess pushed her way past her.