Another Day's End

Later on, that evening.

On her floor sat her beloved Princess Azula plushie that had been angrily thrown there despite her sorrowful protests after her mistress had caught sight of it on her bedside.

At the moment however Elle was gazing at the strange machine that sat at the corner of her bedside that was now connected to her wall.

A small tube was connected from the breathing machine to her bedside with a mouth piece that now sat lay in her lap.

And then she turned to peer back up at her princess standing above her with her fists firmly planted on her womanly hips.

Azula regarded the breathing machine with a lazy glance before touching the device with her fingertip.

To Elle's amazement, she watched as the machine powered on via its connection to the palace power system.

"All power in the Capital comes directly from the Capital Power Plant. Where we burn coal, and harness volcanic energy, which is then used to produce electricity for our power system." Azula announced with a noticeable trace of satisfaction while she gazed down at her little admirer.

"That is incredible, Azula-sama! I didn't know that the Fire Nation had such a complex power system." Elle chirped with naïve awe in her voice while she peered up at the princess's regal visage.

"Of course, we do. The Fire Nation is the most advanced nation in the world after all." Azula answered in a prideful voice with a wave of her hand while she gazed at her petite handmaid with arrogant amber golden eyes.

"Will...will you assist me in making sure that the machine is running properly tomorrow as well?" Elle pondered shyly while she peered up at the princess's regal countenance while Azula strode closer.

"I suppose I could. But only because the last thing I need is your little lungs having another breathing fit." Azula scoffed in a conceited vice with her arms folded over her breasts while staring down at the girl's now overjoyed little face.

In that moment a cheerful cry of joy echoed into the air while Azula audibly sighed when Elle reached up to grasp her hands.

"Arigatou gozaimasu, Azula-sama! Arigatou!" Elle exclaimed with a bright smile adorning her young features while she gently squeezed the princess's palms.

"Be silent, girl! I can't have the entire palace knowing about this!" Azula barked with her eyes narrowing down at the dainty girl while Elle began to blush under her stern gaze.

"Wakarimashita, Princess!" Elle spoke in a chipper voice while she beamed up at her caretaker's captivating countenance.

"Just go to bed, Tiger Monkey...we arise tomorrow at dawn." Azula instructed in an almost parental voice while allowing her handmaid to hold her hands.

"Yes, Azula-sama..." Elle trailed off with a grateful smile before embracing the much taller woman around her waist.

She heard Azula grunting in mild annoyance above her while she buried her face in the princess's robed belly.

All the while closing her eyes serenely as she savored the brief moment of closeness.

"You are a good girl...I confide that I find it difficult to be displeased with you." Azula sighed with a casual shrug of her shoulders while she peered down at the petite girl clinging to her stomach.

"I am so very happy that you think so. Will...will you sit with me, Mistress? For just a moment?" Elle requested just as she trailed her finger along the princess's toned belly.

"I have a military campaign to lead! I cannot spend the night coddling you." Azula remarked with bite in her voice while she glared down at her handmaid's bashful little face.