In the Forest with the Team

The two noblewomen stood behind a tree gazing at an absolutely baffling scene.

Their ruthless princess was lounging on her side with their young friend in her arms.

They both knew by now that Azula's affection for Elle was genuine.

Anyone who thought otherwise...such as Zuko and Iroh only thought so because they have never seen Azula act this...

Compassionate.

Although like all of the other times that they have witnessed their friend express her feelings for Elle it only lasted for as long as Azula was under the belief that they were alone.

Not even so much as a second after hearing a leaf crunch Azula's amber golden eyes widened before her gaze narrowed into a ruthless glare once more.

Ty Lee sighed with a palm over her frustrated forehead while she watched her spoiled leader rudely shove the now pouting girl away from her.

"Ugh! Look at what you have done, peasant! You sullied my armor when you pulled me down to the dirt! And there's even leaves in my hair!" Azula barked in a colder voice only to quickly leap to her feet while gulped under her terrifying glare.

"S-sumimasen! Sumimasen, Azula-sama!" Elle cried out with a panicked countenance while her heart began to race once more when Azula pointed a domineering finger down at her.

Mai could only roll her eyes with a small trace of anger in her tawny gaze.

Even though Azula treated Elle far better than she has ever seen her treat anyone else.

And even though the princess was only pretending to be furious.

It still pissed her off when Azula shouted down to Elle as if the girl was offending her simply by existing.

Elle was a sweet girl. And Azula shouldn't be talking down to her.

"Azula! Why do you have to be so mean!" Ty Lee exclaimed with her hands on her hips while she and the other woman made their way over.

"You had better be sorry! Should there be a repeat of this! It's off to Boiling Rock with you!" Azula snorted with an uncaring huff while she watched her little handmaid began rapidly bowing before her.

"Yes, Princess! Your loyal girl will remember your words!" Elle answered in mid bow only for a hand to swiftly pull her to her feet.

She turned around to find herself peering up at Mai's stoic face while the noblewoman gently pulled her up onto both feet.

And the spoiled princess turned to cast her subordinate a narrowed glare for interrupting one of the rituals of their relationship.

"If you ever want a normal girlfriend...one that is just a tad less overbearing. Just let me know, and I'll help you find a suitable date." Mai announced calmly with her tawny eyes staring back at Azula's now wrathful face.

As much as Elle adored Azula she couldn't help but worry that someday the princess will only end up shattering her adopted sister's pure heart.

"No, you will not! I have already declared ownership over this one! She belongs to me!" Azula barked with her fists on her shapely hips while her two-childhood friends shared an exasperated glance.

"How many times do I have to tell you that Elle isn't a slave, or a pet, Azula? You can't own another human being." Ty Lee scolded with a shake of her head while the regal woman scoffed back at her.

"She is whatever I say she is. My word is law, Ty Lee. And I say that she is my pet." Azula retorted with a huff while she lazily flipped her bangs from her eyes.