Haven

A meeting was underway in the Spirit World between two Avatars, of past and present.

"Avatar Roku. I need your guidance about an important matter. What do you know about the Component?" Aang asked in an unusually serious voice as he sat gazing back at the older man's contemplative face.

As a concerned frown overtook the Fire Nation man's deeply troubled face.

"I see. So, the Component has returned. I regret to say that my knowledge on the subject is limited, as I did not personally encounter the Component in my lifetime as Avatar." Roku replied with his grave amber brown eyes staring back at the younger man's apprehensive face.

"What can you tell me about the Component?" Aang blurted out in a worry-stricken voice while he studied his predecessor's thoughtful countenance.

"There was once a sorceress by the name of Mava who I once clashed with early in my days as Avatar. She sought to bring about the return of this power to accomplish her goal of destroying the Avatar Cycle." Roku stated as he held a hand under his chin while he sat staring seriously back at the monk's unsettled face.

"A sorceress by the name of Mava?" Aang repeated as he stared with unease in his gray eyes back at the older man's nodding face.

"Yes. Although to my knowledge the sorceress has not been seen since the beginning of my conflict with Fire Lord Sozin." Roku spoke in a voice of wisdom while a relieved look came over Aang's eyes.

"Well, I suppose that is good to know." Aang remarked as he breathed a sigh of relief while the older man still gazed on introspectively.

"However, be advised that her former partner Silah is still alive and well. I once had a nasty encounter with the both of them in my early days as Avatar. And I spent many of my later years as Avatar pursuing Silah for many twisted murders that she was and still is committing." Roku informed in a ruminative voice with his amber brown eyes staring back at the younger man's alarmed face with unrivaled graveness.

The young Avatar's eyes now began to widen in an expression of fright.

"That...that name! It...feels familiar. I've heard it before! She is wanted globally for killing many people in the Water Tribe, Earth Kingdom and even the Fire Nation." Aang exclaimed as he sat up with his eyes once again taking on a more troubled look while Roku frowned grimly.

"And with good reason. Silah is a monster of the highest order. But be aware that your most urgent concern is the Component herself. You may well be the first Avatar in over a thousand years to face the Component in battle." Roku advised with a profound look of concern still adorning his features while the young Avatar's stared back in rising worry.

The young man swallowed nervously as he sat there in silence paying close attention to the older man's ever word.

As the Fire Nation man stared back with his amber eyes conveying indescribable urgency.

"T-the first in over a thousand years?" Aang questioned in an unsettled voice as he gazed down with widened gray eyes.

"Indeed, Aang. I urge you to be cautious. While I did not encounter the Component in my lifetime. I know that the Component Force is the single greatest danger to the continuation of the Avatar Cycle. Even more so than the Fire Lord." Roku revealed with unfathomable weight to his foreboding words while the monk sunk back into a perturbed silence.

"Even...more dangerous...than the Fire Lord." Aang breathed as he gazed up from the ground with panic in his eyes.

Only to find himself gazing around as the Spirit World began to fade around them.