In the Royal Tent

Elle lay on her back with her head resting on Azula's cushion while she relaxed with headphones on her ears.

A muffled music flowed into the night air while she held a book over her head with finger pressing into her lip.

In the corner of the royal tent sat a small torch lamp that provided just enough light to read comfortably.

That was when the princess stepped into the flap of the tent.

Azula entered with a refined smile adorning her lips while she quickly took notice of the music playing in her tent.

And curiously enough...the girl was reading a book.

Add to the fact that her pet had her back turned to her.

A truly devious smile curved onto her red lips while she quietly walked forward only for her brow to quirk upward in amusement when her handmaid began singing to herself.

And somewhere deep inside her frozen heart she couldn't help but find her young girlfriend's voice...soothing.

"Well, I know it's kinda late. I hope I didn't wake you. But what I gotta say can't wait. I know you'd understand. Every time I tried to tell you. The words just came out wrong. So, I'll have to say I love you in a song." Elle sang to herself with a cheerful smile on her lips before she turned the page of her novel.

All the while as she was unaware that her mistress was staring down at her with her amber golden eyes flashing in a hint of strange emotion.

Azula stood unmoving with her fists falling down to her womanly hips while she listened with the barest hint of pink on her regal cheeks.

'She's...singing about me.' Azula thought with a strangely subdued smile on her lips while her fingers grazed the sides of her red pants in something akin to a haze.

"Yeah, I know it's kinda strange. Every time I'm near you. I just run out of things to say. I know you'd understand. Every time I tried to tell you. The words just came out wrong. So, I'll have to say I love you in a song." Elle sung to her lonesome or so she thought with a love-struck flush on her youthful cheeks.

And she never even had the faintest idea that she was singing a live performance for her taken aback mistress.

Azula peered down at her handmaid with her strict eyes conveying a gaze of fondness that was for her girlfriend alone.

All while she listened in a captivated silence as her singing pet neared the end of her little song.

"Every time the time was right. All the words just came out wrong. So, I'll have to say I love you in a song. Yeah, I know it's kinda late. Hope I didn't wake you. But there's something I just gotta say. Know you'd understand. Every time I tried to tell you. The words just came out wrong. So, I'll have to say I love you in a song..." Elle trailed off in a love-struck sigh while she read her book only to blush as she found herself unable to focus on anything but her mistress.

In that moment the princess quietly plopped down behind her handmaid with her full lips curving into a strangely moved smile while she silently twirled a hand in her ebony tresses.

Her callous amber golden eyes honed in on her pet's lovely hair before she inexplicably found herself reaching down to pet the smaller girl's hair.

To her amusement the serving girl didn't notice her presence until her palm lowered into her pet's golden hair.

"Aah!" Elle squeaked in a startled voice only to find the strong hand held her down just as her amber eyes widened when she caught sight of Azula's seated form towering over her.