The Protection of the Princess

Team Azula and their strange new companion were now making their way through the commoner districts below Hari Bulkan.

"I demand to know all about this...ailment of yours." Azula ordered while gazing down at Elle as they made their way through the commoner city.

"Oh, I have a breathing condition. I have to take an inhaler to stabilize my breathing on a regular basis." Elle informed while her mistress glared down at her with irate amber golden eyes.

"In other words, you are weak." Azula snorted while Elle's shoulders slumped as she gazed down at her.

"Azula!" Ty Lee scolded while frowning with her hand on Elle's shoulder.

"Tell me, servant. What happens when we retrieve your...medicine? It will run out sooner or later no? Have you given that any thought?" Azula inquired while staring down at Elle with cold eyes.

"U-um, I did...I was hoping that Her Highness could replicate it somehow..." Elle admitted shyly while the older girl glanced down at her sternly.

"Do I look like a physician to you, servant?" Azula asked icily while she glared ahead with Ty Lee still frowning.

"I bet you can figure something out, Azula! You are so brilliant! If anyone can replicate her medicine. It is you." Ty Lee praised sweetly while Mai sighed under her breath.

Azula noticeably swelled in confidence while walking with her lips curving into a smug smirk all the while Ty Lee smiled victoriously.

When in doubt just stroke Azula's ego!

"Azula-sama is the smartest person in the whole world! The most beautiful too!" Elle cheered happily while smiling up at her mistress's smirking face.

"I am rather amazing yes..." Azula agreed in a gratified voice while she scanned her fingernails smugly.

"There is no one more amazing than Her Highness." Elle chirped while Ty Lee giggled down at her.

"Seriously, Azula. I can see why she is your favorite. This girl is a total brownnoser." Mai stated dryly while Azula glared over her shoulder.

The princess's callous eyes never failed to notice when the girl turned to her with a sudden look of curiosity in her gaze.

"What is a brownnoser, Azula-sama?" Elle inquired abruptly while peering up at the three stunned taller girls.

"Seriously?" Mai repeated with disbelief lacing her voice.

Was this girl that naïve?

"You...don't know what a brownnoser is, Elle?" Azula asked in a taken aback voice while peering down at her pet while the girl chewed on her lip.

"No. I've spent most of my life isolated from the world in the family estate. I don't know much about the world other than what I have read in books inside our library...I haven't had much social interaction with anyone besides my brother." Elle explained while gazing up at the three women with innocent amber eyes.

"I told you that we have to look out for her." Ty Lee remarked while patting Elle's back as the girl blushed up at her taller form.

"A brownnoser is someone who spends the bulk of their time with their face buried in someone else's ass." Mai stated in a deadpan voice while her two friends stared on humorously as she gazed down at Elle's thoughtful face.

"Mai..." Azula warned in an icy voice while her friend gazed back with teasing eyes.

"But I-I haven't had my face in Azula-sama's...bottom." Elle protested naively while a blush developed on her cheeks just as all three girls stared down at her in unison.