The Royal Fire Academy

That same morning.

Sia stood gazing down at a letter in her hands while her golden eyes flashed with a surprised gleam.

'This girl Elle...the one with the power to challenge the Avatar. She is going to be attending the Royal Academy for Girls...Princess Azula actually managed to get her in.' Sia thought with a cognitive expression in her eyes.

And seconds after that she lit the letter aflame as she watched it burn with a contemplative stare.

'Maybe...I could pull a few strings and resume my old tutoring post at academy. That would allow me to get closer to the girl when Princess Azula isn't around.' Sia thought as she held a thoughtful hand underneath her chin.

Perhaps...this way she would be able to meet the girl for herself.

And maybe then she would be able to get more information on the nature of the girl's power that she wouldn't otherwise be able to obtain from her sister.

Elle knelt at her desk with an overwhelmed expression on her cheeks while she felt the stares of all of the aristocratic girls gawking all around her.

"A commoner is going to academy with us?" A noble girl asked in a bewildered voice while she gazed at the nervous girl in still present shock.

"And she was escorted to academy by Princess Azula." Another noble commented in a fascinated voice as she gazed at the girl's anxious face in disbelief.

"And she has golden hair!" A teenage girl exclaimed with awe in her voice as she gaped at the now blushing girl with a look of amazement in her eyes.

"I have never seen a girl with golden hair before!" A fourth girl exclaimed as she turned around to ogle the trembling girl behind her.

"Neither have I." Tei remarked in a voice of her own curiosity as she glanced back at the reddened faced girl behind her.

Only for the entire class to snap out of their ogling of Elle when their teacher loudly banged her desk to get their attention.

Elle obediently spun around with her hands in her lap in the hopes of making a good impression.

"Now class! That is enough. The princess explicitly stated that we are to treat her well, and I will not permit her wrath to be drawn upon this school by doing otherwise." Yeinah instructed in a strict voice while her students swiftly nodded their heads in understanding.

Elle's gaze relaxed somewhat as the teacher's eyes then turned to gaze at her.

"It says here...Elle. That you do not write in the same written language as us. Is that true?" The teacher pondered with a margin of intrigue to her otherwise stern voice.

The students turned to gaze at Elle with fascinated looks in their eyes once more as they watched the girl hurriedly nod her head.

"That's so. I don't yet know how to read much of it or write in your language. The princess has been instructing me when she has free time. I can make out some of the basics, like reading the labels on spices in the kitchens. But not much beyond that." Elle explained in a gentle voice as she knelt straight gazing back at the instructor's nodding face.

"I see. Now I have another question for you. What do you know about our great nation?" Yeinah asked in a firm voice while the young girl held a thoughtful hand under her chin.

"I know that the Fire Nation is the dominant world power. I also know that the Fire Nation went through an industrialized period and is far more advanced than the Earth Kingdom and the Water Tribe. I don't quite know much more than that though. As the majority of my time has been spent with the princess in battle against the Avatar, and her other enemies. But I am eager to learn all that I can!" Elle responded in a jovial voice as she smiled brightly back at the teacher's still amazed face.