Jealousy (Oneshot)

The Fire Princess lounged upon her chair in her bath robes while her bare stretched out in a wash bowl upon the floor.

A spoiled smile graced her crimson lips as she leaned back with her hand lazily reaching down to pluck another cherry from her snack bowl.

While her team of handmaids were scattered about around her as they pampered her every whim.

As she gazed down through the corner of her controlling amber golden eyes at her favorite handmaid kneeling to the side of her chair.

The young girl dutifully held up the cherry bowl as she smiled shyly up at her stony mistress when she found herself meeting the princess's cold gaze.

Azula stared down at Elle with hidden approval in her cold eyes while her fingers grasped at another morsel.

Before she dropped the cherry into her open mouth as she chewed it contently with a gratified smile already growing back upon her full lips.

'Flawlessly picked. As always.' Azula thought as she regally swallowed her treat while her other hand lay in her robed lap.

Just as she gazed back down at her handmaid's adorable face while Elle smiled brightly back up at her.

And for the briefest of moments she felt an inexplicable urge to pat the girl's head.

But it would not do to show such weakness in front of the rest of her servants.

And just as quickly as the sliver of fondness graced the princess's face it swiftly vanished into a hardened stare.

She gazed authoritatively down at the girls bowing before her chair.

Before two young Fire Nation girls submissively bowed their heads as they began to quietly pedicure the princess's feet.

As another servant started carefully brushing the princess's long dark hair.

And then Azula sat back once more with her hand digging into her cherry bowl while a content sigh escaped her spoiled lips.

'It truly is a pleasure being royalty.' Azula thought with a pleased smile on her lips as she contently chewed on another cherry.

Before she turned her cold eyes back down to her favored pet while the golden-haired girl sat on her knees in a perfect bow.

Elle smiled as she gazed back up at Azula's stern countenance as her mistress regarded her through the corner of her eye.

And then the older girl turned to glance back down at her other handmaids as if silently inspecting their work.

All the while unaware that when she gazed away that Elle's smile was giving way to a jealous pout.

Elle stared on with her amber eyes never leaving the princess's bare feet while the Fire Nation girls went about their work.

Before she gazed over her shoulder at the servant brushing her mistress's hair while her hands anxiously grasped at the cherry bowl.

Just as she turned to peer down while she bit into her lower lip with her golden bangs hanging in her jealous eyes.

And not a second after that water splashed from the wash bowl onto the floor of the royal spa.

Before the servant girls froze up when Azula's terrifying eyes instantly glared down at them with an imposing scowl on her lips.

Only for all of the handmaids but for Elle to flinch when their mistress's ruthless voice split into the air like a whip.

"Watch what you are doing you, fool! You just almost spilled water all over my favorite gown!" Azula snapped in an overbearing tone of absolute authority while the two handmaids shrunk under her glare.