Wounds and Encampment

About four hours later...

Team Azula sat in a circle while the princess gazing down a hill at the assortment of her people arriving with the Dai Li in tow.

The injured were being placed in a makeshift nursing station while their few nurses tended to the wounded.

Including Zoi who was impatiently sitting with her wounds being cleaned by an equally frustrated nurse.

Behind Azula sat tents.

One was a large red tent which the Dai Li had been so kind as to forage from the ruins of their warship.

A short distance away from the royal tent sat a smaller tent that the two noblewomen were going to share.

And down below sat a great many smaller tents that were being set up by those among them who were able bodied.

Only for the princess to turn her cold gaze back to her handmaid while the petite girl reached up to dab at Mai's cheek once more.

"Elle..." Mai trailed off in a grateful voice while she allowed her little sister to clean her face once more.

And Ty Lee sat grinning down at Elle while the smaller girl wiped a pain cream onto the other woman's stunned cheek.

"This is a cream that should reduce the swelling." Elle answered in a loving voice with all three highborn women gazing at her in appreciation while Mai's monotone face broke out into a softened smile.

"Thank you...little sister." Mai offered in a fond voice with her back against a tree while the young handmaid beamed up at her.

"Dōitashimashite, oneesan!" Elle cried out in a joyous voice before she began rubbing the cream on the older girl's neck while the noblewoman patted her back gently.

"Isn't she pink, Azula?" Ty Lee asked in a sisterly voice while Azula rolled her eyes before turning to stare at Elle's robed back.

"Yes, Ty Lee. The girl is certainly pink." Azula agreed with a wave of her hand while Ty Lee smiled even wider in agreement.

As they watched Elle dig in her oversized backpack before pulling out a box of bandaids much to her older friends' curiosity.

Only for the princess to snort in mocking amusement when Elle tore open a bandaid with a childish brown dog on it.

"Here! This will keep your cuts from getting infected!" Elle quipped with a happy nod while Mai eyed the bandaid in mild humiliation yet she made no move to prevent her from applying it to the wound.

"Thanks again, kid." Mai replied with a nervous smile while Azula smirked at her expense when a large Scooby Doo bandaid now adorned her cheek.

"Aww! That dog bandage is so cute, Mai!" Ty Lee exclaimed with a nod while her friend cast her a mild glare through the corner of her eye.

She was well aware that the only reason why Mai ever allowed such a thing to be put on her face was to avoid hurting Elle's feelings.

"Yes, Mai. It is very pink." Azula taunted with a wicked smile while she watched her pet dash over to 'treat' the grinning Ty Lee.

"Let me tend to your wounds, oneesan." Elle stated with a bright countenance while Ty Lee reached out to pat her head.

"You don't have to, little sister! Really!" Ty Lee assured in a warm voice only to gaze down in surprise when Elle started washing off the wound on her bare belly.

An action that caused Azula's smile to contort into a death stare that sent a shiver down her spine.

But even so.