The Rules of the Game

Team Azula gazed on at Silah's impassive face as they recovered from their surprise over discovering that she was actually going to indulge their young companion.

And then the three highborn women shared a look with each other before turning to gaze back at the machinating expression on Silah's face.

That was all it took for them to narrow their eyes already knowing that the woman was up to something.

"Great! Then sit down and let's see what information we can exchange!" Elle exclaimed in a jovial voice as she beamed up at Silah's pale face while a smirk pulled onto the hunter's lips.

"Why do I have a feeling that this isn't going to be simple?" Zoi remarked in a stony voice with her golden eyes glaring back at Silah in distaste as the woman stared down at her smiling little sister.

"Not just yet...Elle. First, we need to go over the rules of the game." Silah commented with a devious undertone to her voice while the girl stared up at her in confusion.

Team Azula glowered back at their enemy from their respective positions surrounding their teammate.

"I knew it." Zoi stated in a low voice while she clenched her jaw as she took in the other woman's gleaming dark green eyes.

"Rule...for talking?" Ty Lee asked in a distrusting voice as she sat glaring back at the ageless woman.

Azula's amber golden eyes formed an imposing glare as she sat with her arms angrily crossed over her armored breasts.

'What is that freak up to?' Azula thought with her fingertip tapping her arm while she never took her eyes off Silah's smirking face.

"R-rules?" Elle inquired in a taken aback voice as the puppeteer still smiled down at her.

"You challenged me to a game did you not? What is a game without rules? Rules are what make a game interesting and that is why our game will have four rules. Let's start with rule number one." Silah replied in a detached voice while she stared back into the young girl's taken aback amber eyes.

The older members of the team stared coldly back at Silah with their gazes already expressing their aggravation.

"Four...four rules? What's...what's rule number one?" Elle asked in a voice of uncertainty while she gazed up at Silah's ageless face.

"We rotate in turns, one question for each of us per turn." Silah answered with a playful edge to her voice as her gloved hands hung at her hips while the girl nodded her head.

"Okay. I figured as much. It's quid pro quo after all." Elle replied with a swift nod of her head while her highborn friends still glared at Silah's smiling face in distrust.

"Rule two. No questions within questions, you must be specific and state your question clearly." Silah informed in a cold-blooded voice while the young girl's face grew increasingly nervous.

As all three aristocrats stared on with rising trepidation in their eyes over how complicated Silah was making this 'game'!

"A-alright. That...that sounds reasonable." Elle agreed in an apprehensive voice as she again nodded her head while she chewed on her lip.

Azula and Zoi gazed on with venom in their eyes at Silah's face as the woman's lips curled into an even larger smile.

"Rule three. You and I are the only players in this game...which means that Azula, Zoi, and Ty Lee are not allowed to ask me any question of any kind for the duration of the game." Silah announced in an utterly sinister voice with a sadistic gleam in her dark green eyes while all four members of Team Azula stared back at her in alarm.