The Talk Concludes

The entirety of Team Azula remained in a frozen silence as the sound of the turning timer continued to resound into the air.

The older members of the group gazed on with their eyes agape in distress over the implication of their ageless enemy's words.

Zoi could only stare ahead with her golden eyes wide in realization while she gritted her teeth and fire began to burn from her fists.

Through some way that they have yet to understand.

Their society has deeply wronged one of their own and now her adopted sister was going to suffer for it.

'No. I will not allow that to happen under any circumstances!' Zoi thought with an expression of hardened determination taking over her face while she held her burning fists at her hips.

Azula sat with her skillfully poised lips curling into an imposing glower as she glared in the puppeteer's direction.

And then she turned to gaze at the back of her handmaid's head while her girlfriend still sat in a shaken silence.

While a sinister smile still graced Silah's lips as she stared intently back at the girl's intimidated countenance.

The sound of Elle audibly swallowing resonated into the atmosphere as she struggled to collect her composure.

As her three friends stared at her with differing expressions of concern in their eyes.

'I have to stay calm! I cannot let her throw me off balance!' Elle thought as she composed her emotions as she took a deep breath.

And then she resolved her facial expression while she met Silah's disturbingly entertained stare once again.

"W-well...we will cross that bridge when we come to it. But right now, I want to talk to you about the...the Elder One." Elle declared with a trace of unmistakable fear seeping into her voice as she fought to steel her nerves.

And yet even so she found that she was unable to stop herself from shivering ever so slightly over simply voicing the mysterious being's name.

Which was something that all three aristocrats never failed to notice as they gazed at their young companion with supportive expressions on their faces.

As the hunter glanced back at the girl with a flicker of surprise in her predatory eyes over failing to get a rise out of the handmaid.

"Where...where can we find this...b-being?" Elle questioned in a voice of undeniable apprehension while her amber eyes peered back at the far older woman's apathetic countenance.

The highborn women turned to gaze hard back at the puppeteer as their gazes burned with a mutual desire to uncover the location of their ominous enemy.

"In a sense one could say that the Elder One is everywhere. It is a primordial, timeless being that is vastly older that of even the most ancient of spirits." Silah replied in a disturbingly enlightened voice as she gazed calmly back at the young girl's frightened face.

The team listened with looks of awe in their disconcerted eyes in a suspenseful silence.

"F-far older than that of even the most ancient spirits...does that mean that it is not a spirit?" Elle pondered in a shaken voice only for her amber eyes to flash with realization when she registered her error.

"You just asked a question within a question, dear. But I will let it slide though...just this once. Only because I like you." Silah stated in a voice of chilling interest with a twisted smile on her lips while the girl tried not to shiver under her gaze.