War and Tradition

Nako stood apprehensively over a table with both versions of her invention sitting out before her.

The captain stood in the doorway staring back at Nako and her inventions in interest.

"Princess Azula wants you to be ready to present your invention to the Fire Lord. You should have around an hour to prepare." Zoi informed in a composed voice as she strode into the room while the younger woman swallowed.

"U-understood. I-I'll get right on that." Nako answered in a skittish voice only turn around in surprise when she felt the warrior place a hand on her shoulder.

"You'll be alright, Nako. Nothing bad is going to happen to you." Zoi stated in her usual stoically supportive voice while Nako tried her hardest to form a grateful smile.

Only to find herself shifting nervously on her feet while the captain stared back down at her with concern in her eyes.

"What...what if I am wrong, Zoi? What if this device is a failure? I'll be the laughing stock of the entire country and the subject of the Fire Lord's wrath." Nako questioned with a gulp while her brown eyes gazed down at the floor in worry.

"That isn't going to happen. Regardless of what happens with this invention of yours...you have the support of the princess, and myself as well." Zoi answered in a voice of reassurance while Nako gazed back up at her in appreciation.

"Thank you...Captain. I appreciate that." Nako responded in a relieved voice as Zoi offered her a small smile while the woman patted her shoulder once more.

"Think nothing of it, my friend. That's what comrades are for." Zoi commented as she removed her hand from Nako's shoulder while the younger woman returned her smile.

Thirty minutes later in the royal throne room.

The two royals sat on their thrones while they watched their nation's most important generals and other nobles make their way into the throne room for the summit.

Including General Bujing.

General Shinu.

And many other generals.

Followed shortly by General Meram and soon after several other important individuals.

Just before everyone turned to see the chancellor slinking in through the throne room curtains.

The eyes of many flashed with annoyance as Terak moved throughout the throne room with his hands shrouded by the long sleeves of his robes.

As he hurried in with an obsequious posture about him beside Meram while the general glared at him out of the corner of his eye.

"I hate your cowardly sniveling." Meram spoke in a scornful voice as he glared back at the chancellor while the other man just smiled as he made his way in.

And not a moment after that all eyes turned to the woman that emerged next through the throne room curtains.

Former General Yoko and now Governor Yoko herself!

She was famous for her service as one of Fire Lord Azulon's greatest generals and she was now the governor of the second largest city in all of the Fire Nation.

Fire Mountain.

Yoko strode in with all the grace of a woman of her status while a great many eyes watched her closely.

And behind her was her widely famed oldest daughter with her hair tied into their nation's traditional topknot.

Captain Zoi of the Imperial Firebenders.