The Attempt Made

(Jang Han-seo and Team Jipuragi take their chances, separately)

MONDAY MORNING

Han-seok was ready to go. All of his things had been brought down to the car.

"Take good care of things while I'm away. Call me if anything happens", Han-seok walked out.

"I will, don't worry", said Han-seo.

Han-seok took a good look at his younger brother. "Before, I was worried you were too dumb. Now, I'm worried you're becoming too reliable".

"I'm working really hard and I'm studying a lot too".

"I assume Haru must've helped a lot. I should thank her for looking after you lately", said Han-seok.

"A..., little, sir", Han-seo nodded sheepishly.

"In that case, go ahead and auction off the Babel Tower while I'm away".

Han-seo looked surprised. "I thought we were waiting until after the groundbreaking ceremony", he said.

Han-seok shook his head. "We should hurry up. I wasn't expecting Min-jun and Vincenzo and their plan to expose me".

"Ok, I'll do my best with the auction", Han-seo nodded.

"Have fun messing around with the higher-ups", Han-seok chuckled.

Han-seok lightly smacked Han-seo's cheek and walked to the elevator. Han-seo bid him farewell. Before the door closed, Han-seok stopped it.

"Don't get distracted by your girlfriend. Get the auction going".

"Yes, sir, don't worry", Han-seo bowed.

MEANWHILE

Min-jun thanked his friend for the drugs and went back to Jipuragi to test it. Vincenzo used a syringe and set just a small amount into a cup of water before handing it to Mr Nam.

They used only a little for each one as to not risk Mr Nam's life. Haru had even standby some medication if anything goes wrong.

The last cup, Mr Nam drank it, willingly and it didn't take long for him to begin to twitch and pass out. Haru set the timer and Mr Nam began to regain conscious less than seven minutes.

Cha-young tested to see if Mr Nam alright by waving her hand at him, asking him to guess how many fingers she waved at him. He guessed it right and everyone sighed in relief.

"Good, let's get moving", said Vincenzo.

Min-jun, Chul-wook and two of Choi Myung-hee's former 'magic crystal balls' stopped a van that was on his way to Han-seok's villa for a delivery. Min-jun monitored as the 'magic crystal balls' swapping the bottles of water with the ones they had while Chul-wook swapped clothes with the driver.

Min-jun hooked a camera on Chul-wook for his safety. "Just relax, we'll be watching", he said.

Chul-wook made the delivery and left the items on the door steps as instructed by Jang Han-seok's security team. He went back to the van and headed back to the meeting point.

"It's done", said Chul-wook.

Min-jun handed the actual driver an envelope full of money, to silence him. He hated bribery, but at this point, he must used all the cards that Vincenzo is giving him if he wants them to win.

THAT NIGHT

Han-seok switched the tv off with a frustration sigh. He was bored and he couldn't leave the villa to anywhere.

He went to the kitchen and took out a water bottle from the mini fridge. He took a huge gulp before deciding to take a bath.

(A/N: Why am I suddenly simping for the villain? xD)

Han-seok stripped and wrapped his towel around his waist. He entered the bathroom and tossed his phone at the side table.

He looked at himself in the mirror. He scoffed as he turned to see the fading scar at his neck.

"What does she see in that idiot? I'm much better looking than him", Han-seok chuckled.

He filled the tub and dipped himself in when it's 3/4 full. As he relished on the feeling of warm water on his bare skin, his thought began to wonder at Lee Haru.

"She's getting bolder. That's probably for the best if she wants to marry my idiot brother", he laughed.

Suddenly, the bathroom began to spin. He tried to get up or at least grabbed his phone, but his body was fighting back. Slowly, he sunk under the water.

In that short moment, he imagined himself falling into a hole of dirt. He looked up to see not Han-seo, but Min-jun, Haru, Vincenzo and Cha-young, all smiling. He wanted to scream as Min-jun covered him in dirt, but there was no voice came out of him.

Han-seok regained consciousness and quickly rose to the surface, gasping for air. He coughed out the water and stumbled out of his bathtub.

He quickly yelled for his security team to come in. They helped him up and went to dispose all of the water bottles.

THE NEXT DAY

Vincenzo told the Lee siblings about the call with Han-seok. Both Haru and Min-jun fist bumped each other and giggled. Vincezo smiled seeing them and having them around had been somewhat an odd comfort to him and Cha-young.

Haru got a text from Han-seo, telling her that he'd be gone hunting for a few days and asked her to stay with her parents for her safety. Haru sent her love and told him to be careful.

SOMEPLACE ELSE

Han-seo recalled the time he first met his older brother, here at the villa. He remembered his father taking them both hunting to strengthen their brotherly bond.

"Hey, can I ask you something?", Han-seok turned to his brother.

"Of course, sir", Han-seo nodded.

"Are you really serious with her?".

Han-seo turned forward; he knew he was probably blushing at the question. "I-I want to, sir...", he said.

"But? Are you afraid I will hurt her?", Han-seok chuckled.

"It's not that, sir...".

"Hey, lil bro. I know how much she means to you. I don't really like Min-jun, but I can tolerate her. I mean, she's not bad, aside from the annoyance she picked up from her brother. So, if I were you, I hurry it up. You don't want a man like Vincenzo to steal her from you", Han-seok patted his brother's back.

Han-seo spotted the deer and Han-seok sprinted ahead, trying to get their prey first. Han-seo took a deep breath as he raised the rifle back up. His heart raced fast as he took aim.

"Do it, Han-seo. For yourself. For Haru. For our future", he whispered to himself and he pulled the trigger.

(A/N 2: I accidentally wrote a one shot of Jang Han-seok crossover with Tale of Nine Tailed. How or what or why did that happened 😂)