The Brunch

(Han-seok and Haru sit down for a chat. Will Haru be strong enough to face the monster that once terrorised her younger years on her own?

WARNING: ATTEMPTED SUICIDE. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO WHAT HARU IS ABOUT TO DO NEXT. PLEASE SEEK HELP OR TALK TO A FRIEND. DON'T READ IF YOU'RE TRIGGERED BY IT)

It was the weekend. Min-ryu and Hana went out for a date. Min-jun decided to go fishing with his military buddies.

So, Haru had the day to herself and she decided to go out shopping since Han-seo had some prior engagment. Unbeknownst to any of them, Han-seok had his team to follow the Lees.

While shopping, Haru spotted one of them when she was browsing through some sundresses. She was about to make a run for it when one of the men approached her.

"Chairman Jang wishes for you to come with us and join him for brunch".

"Han-seo?", Haru frowned.

"No, Jang Han-seok. He wants to speak to you before his first public appearance".

No was certainly not an option now and calling would result in them getting aggressive. She nodded and followed them to the car. They made no intention to blindfold or blacked out the windows, so he might have no intention to harm her.

Haru kept her eyes forward, but her hand went to her phone. She pressed the silent button and activated her GPS before sending a text to someone that Han-seok wouldn't expect her to send.

Haru arrived at a fancy restaurant and were brought to a private area. Haru saw Han-seok at the table with Choi Myung-hee and a lavish western breakfast was laid out before them.

"Haru!", Han-seok smiled friendly and waved at her, which weirded Haru out.

Choi Myung-hee got up and greeted Haru with a bow. "Please, join us for brunch", she smiled, kindly.

Haru theorised, if Han-seok wanted her dead, she would've been killed by now. She sat down, facing the true heir of Babel Group.

"Please eat, you are my guest", Han-seok smiled.

"Did my mother teach you manners that night?", Haru crossed her arms.

"Not exactly", Han-seok chuckled.

"Don't be shy, Haru. As if we're not used to each other", said Han-seok again.

"Tell me what you want..., then we'll eat".

"Gosh, why are you so serious?", there was something unsettling in his eyes, but Haru tried her best to not be rattled by it.

Han-seok nodded and turned to Choi Myung-hee. The Wusang lawyer handed a brown folder to the young intern.

"This is the term set by Chairman Jang when he makes his first public appearance as Babel Group's CEO".

Haru took the contents out and read it. It was about three pages that contained, on the first page:

1. Miss Lee Haru is to expect to make public appearance with CEO of Babel Group, Jang Han-seok along with his brother, Jang Han-seo.

2. Miss Lee Haru is to resign from her position at Jipuragi Law Firm and begins her work as a partner in Wusang upon graduation.

3. Miss Lee Haru is to cut off all connections to Geumga Plaza and those surrounding Jipuragi and the lawsuits against Babel Group.

4. Miss Lee Haru must consent to whatever Jang Han-seok needs from her, including her phone records and her personal life-