The Two Brothers

(Will Jang Han-seo give up his life to save his love and their child?)

"Ju-hyeong, papa is sorry ok?".

"Ju-hyeong?", Han-seok frowned.

Han-seo made a 180° change and quickly attacking Han-seok, catching his brother off guard and quickly retreating back. Han-seok fired one round, hitting Han-seo by the arm, but the younger Jang didn't waste time attacking his brother, finally standing up and fight after many years of torment.

Haru got up and went to grab the hockey stick to help Han-seo out. Vincenzo took this moment to untie Cha-young.

Han-seok pushed his brother to the ground and fired another round. Haru's scream woke Han-seo up from his dazed.

Cha-young had used herself to shield Vincenzo from the bullet. Haru ran towards Vincenzo and Cha-young while Han-seok was still aiming his gun at them.

Han-seo knew his brother will finish them off. He got up quickly, grabbing Han-seok's hand and aiming the gun to his abdomen, both struggling to get the gun.

"Han-seo!!", Haru sobbed, worried of the outcome.

"Please, stop", Han-seo pleaded.

"Let go", Han-seok demanded.

Deep down, he wanted Han-seok to change. He wanted to have a normal relationship like Haru and Min-jun. He wanted to believe that people can change, but it's too late now.

"You really..., shouldn't have been born, you scum", Han-seo finally let out what he felt against his brother.

Han-seok smiled and patted his brother's head. "I should say the same thing to you", he said before pulling the trigger.

(Can't remember where I found this theory, but the theory was that Han-seo knew there's one last bullet and he made sure he took that last bullet, not Vincenzo. It was his gun after all)

Min-jun arrived, just as he heard the gun shot and his sister screaming. It was like that day at the park was replaying right in front of him, as if his nightmare had became a reality.

"Freeze, Jang Han-seok!". Min-jun quickly snapped out of it and pulled out his gun.

Haru literally ran, not caring if she got shot and caught Han-seo as he fell. An ran passed by Min-jun and yelled for the paramedics.

Han-seok had a blank expression, seeing his little brother dying on the ground. He turned the gun towards his most hated adversary - Lee Min-jun.

"Jang Han-seok! Drop the gun now!", Min-jun warned again.

Han-seok pulled the trigger, but no bullets came out. Min-jun, followed by a couple of agents, broke into a sprint and gave chase. An scrambled to find something to stop the bleeding.

Haru hugged Han-seo, crying. Everything flashed before her. The thought of their child to be raised without him ached her.

Vincenzo cradled Han-seo's head. Haru pressed her cardigan onto Han-seo's wounds as she tried to stop the blood.

"Hey, stay with us! Jang Han-seo, stay with us!", Vincenzo lightly slapped Han-seo's face.

"Did I..., do well, hyung?", Han-seo asked.

"Yeah, you did. You deserved to be called my brother".

"Hyung..., remember your promise, ok?".

"You're not gonna die, Han-seo! Stay with us, ok? We'll get him!".

"You promised...", Han-seo spewed blood as he spoke.

"I promise, little brother. Now, stop talking!", Vincenzo helped to press the wound.

Han-seo pulled out his phone. "Hyung..., you know... what to do...".

Han-seo laid back, smiling as his vision grew darker. Haru let go as Vincenzo took over to apply more pressure.

"Oppa, wake up! Jang Han-seo, don't you dare leave me!", Haru sobbed.

"Jagiya..., sarang...,hae".

"Jang Han-Seo!!!".

*

Min-jun fired several rounds, but Han-seok was faster. He managed to get in the car.

"Find him!", Min-jun ordered.

When he got back, Haru was crying uncontrollably. Min-jun almost fainted as if his nightmare had come back to haunt him; as if he had failed to save another life from Han-seok.

An pulled him up and smacked him, waking him up. The paramedics quickly came and got to work.

Min-jun pulled Haru back, letting the paramedics do their job. Then, An gasped.

"Haru..., your legs...", An pointed out.

Haru looked down in horror to see blood on her inner thigh. That sent Haru into a panic mode.

"Ju-hyeong! Min-jun, Ju-hyeong!", she broke down.

Min-jun carried her to the ambulance, not wanting to wait anymore. Han-seo was in one ambulance, while Cha-young, Min-jun and Haru were in the other.

Min-ryu and Hana, along with Yu-ri raced to the hospital. They found An, Min-jun and Vincenzo by the waiting area.

An approached the Lees and Yu-ri first, explaining the situation. "I've deployed all of my team. We'll find him, major general", he said.

"Min-jun?", Min-ryu asked.

An sighed and turned to Min-jun. "He hasn't said a word. He's been crying, sir".

Min-ryu and Hana sat next to their son. Hana pulled Min-jun for a hug.

"You did your best. Don't blame yourself, ok?", Hana sobbed.

"I was too late, mama. Why am I always too late?", Min-jun broke down.

"Lee Min-jun, stop! You did your best. You're not God. All we can do now is pray for them to be ok", Min-ryu tried his best to not break down as well.

The doctor came out, first to tell that Cha-young was going to recover. When Yu-ri asked about Han-seo and Haru, the doctor took his glasses off.

"Chairman Jang sustained damages to his digestive organs. We managed to stop the bleeding and repair his organs".

"What about Haru and the baby?", Yu-ri asked just as the Lees approached her and the doctor.

"We had to give her some medicine to sleep. The stress at this age of the pregnancy is very dangerous, especially after an event like that. We don't know yet for sure, so we must admit her to monitor her and the baby".

Min-jun's worries washed over, now overcome with anger. He turned away and walked towards the exit, followed by An and Vincenzo.

"Min-jun! Min-jun!", An called out.

"We have to find him before he flees the country!".

"Stop! He's not going anywhere now", said Vincenzo.

"He can just disappear now and we have to find him!".

"Min-jun...", An sighed, "...I have every men searching for him and blocking all exits of this country. Trust me, he's not getting away".

"Go home, Min-jun. We'll call you, ok?", Vincenzo assured him.

"But, Mr Cassano...".

"Hey, you did great so far. Rest for tonight, ok? I need your head clear when we hunt him down", said Vincenzo.

"He's right, Min-jun", Min-ryu appeared at the door.

"We'll call you, we promise", said An.

Min-jun nodded and Min-ryu took him back inside. Vincenzo handed Han-seo's phone to An.

"Find him".