Chapter 23

"Angel wake up baby" I stretch my body feeling refreshed for once.
"Morning baby" I say sleepily rubbing my eyes. Sitting up I put my hand on my bump feeling Lexi move around and look to Ace smiling.
"Is she kicking angel?" he asks excitedly and puts his hand on my stomach.
"Every morning, whenever I wake up this is what she does" I tell him then yawn.
"You do know it's two-thrirty in the afternoom angel" Ace tells me and I look at him jaw dropped. Fuck!
"Well I feel amazing. I clearly needed it. Why aren't you at work?" I ask him confused.
"I'm working from home Liam's at the office. I wanted to be here when you woke up" he tells me and kisses my forehead.
"Aww baby, your so sweet" I tell him smiling.
"Is Ruby here still?" I ask him and he shakes his head.
"Just you and me angel" he tells me and I smirk at him. If I wasn't pregnant he'd of ravished me all over the house by now. I just lack the enthusiasm right now. But I'm looking forward to that the most after giving birth. I've missed my Ace.
"Let me make you something to eat angel" he says getting up from the bed.
"I'll take a quick shower and I'll be down. I want a bacon sandwich baby" I tell him with puppy dog eyes and he just smiles at me.
"Yeah, you always get what you want" he tells me and I grin at him.
"Of course, husband" I say then stick out my tongue. He just walks off chuckling knowing I'm right.

Stepping into the shower I wash my body with my usual coconut cream and rinse, repeating the process.
Running the water over me I switch it off and climb out grabbing a towel.
Drying off as I walk back into the bedroom I look for something to wear that represents my mood. Something bright!

Pulling the dress over my body I tie it and slip on some white sliders. Grabbing my phone from the bedside table I see a text from Seline.

Seline: The date was a fail! I stormed off and I still haven't spoken to him. What shall I do? X

Sighing out I wonder what actually happened. Liam needs to fill me in later.

Angelica: I'm sure it wasn't that bad babe. Just text him. He might reply and surprise you X

Hitting send I walk out the bedroom and down the stairs to my awaiting bacon butty.
Walking into the kitchen Ace just places down my sandwich and I smile happily at my food.
"For my wife" he winks and sits down across from me just smiling.
"Do you know what happened on the date lastnight? Seline said it was a fail" I ask him then take a bite. Fuck this is good.
"Liam was off and in a major foul mood this morning. I didn't even want to question him so it must of been bad" he says shrugging. That doesn't help..
"I'll ring Seline later if Liam don't spill she will" I say picking up the other half of my sandwich.

After finishing my food I found myself in the nursery deciding now was the time to put away all Lexis clothes ready for her.
"There's so much stuff" I say to myself holding my head. We must of spent a fortune. Fucking hell.
Going through them folding up baby vests then the onesie's. She has tights, dresses, tops and leggings, shorts, rompers and sooo much more.
I put them all away into the drawers and the wardrobe and make my way over to the changing table. I fit it with all the necessary things. Nappies, wipes and a spare dummy if she takes one with a cuddly toy. I pile up all the bags of nappies and boxes of wipes in the corner and look at her white cot with the drapes and pink bedding. It's beautiful.

I stand there smiling looking forward to seeing my baby laying in her cot

"I was looking for you angel. What you doing in here?" Ace asks me looking around the room.
"Wow, you did alot in such a short time. Your doing to much angel, you need to relax baby" he says wrapping his arms around me.
"I know, but it needed doing and I was bored. I hate doing nothing Ace" I tell him and put my head on his chest. It's the worst part of being pregnant. The lack of independence.
"I know angel, but you haven't got long left. Just please, for me" he asks and I sigh nodding. I can do this for him. It's his baby too.
"Come on let's get you on the sofa with some popcorn and I'll watch a movie with you. Sound good?" he asks and I look back up at him smiling.
"Yes please" I tell him happily.
With one last look at the room we make our way out and back down stairs to the livingroom.
I flip to Netflix and scroll through the selection and end up on 'Run' I enjoy watching Sarah Paulson, she's an amazing actress.
"You choosen a film baby?" Ace asks as he sits down next to me handing over the popcorn he's poured into a bowl.
"Yeah, you ready?" I ask him ready to press play. He nods his head and I cuddle into him, settling in to watch the film.