Chapter 2

Once I arrive at my flat, I try the handle to see if my new room mate has arrived first but it's locked.

I put in my key and push open the door.

The walls are painted white and a light brown wood covers the floor. The first part of the flat is a small black and white kitchen with a little bar at the side, accompanied by some stools.

Once you walk a little further into it, you find the living room, it has a black sofa with grey cushions sat and a very large Tv sitting on the wall opposite.

My favourite part is the bedroom. It's quite plain, just white with some brown wooden flooring and two double beds separated by a chest of drawers.

Lastly, a fairly small bathroom painted a pastel pink.

As i'm unpacking my things, the front door opens.

"Hello?" a voice calls out.

I walk into the kitchen to find a girl with long, curly, brown hair, heaving too large suitcases through to the living room.

"I'm Vanessa," she grins.

"Hey i'm Jade," I reply as she embraces me in a hug.

"So you're new?" she asks, as she plants herself on our sofa.

"Yeah, have you been here since September?" I ask.

She nods her head.

"Yeah, been here since September so about 5 months but I had to move out of my old flat because some sisters were moving in together," she sighs, switching on the television.

I nod, walking out of the room and continuing to unpack everything. Vanessa soon comes in with her things and begins going through her belongings, hanging them up in her closet.

"I love your clothes," I say, watching as she hangs up her things.

"Thanks," she laughs, peering over at mine.

"Yeah, ignore how I look today," I laugh, pushing my glasses up my nose.

"Don't be silly," she smiles.

A loud knock rings out through the dorm, I shoot my head towards our bedroom door as Vanessa runs out, me following her.
She opens it after looking through the peep hole, throwing her arms around someone.

"Niall!" she squeals, as he embraces her in a hug.

"Hey Nessa," he chuckles, putting her down.

I immediately recognise him as the guy from the lobby and turn towards the bedroom to get changed, I have to make sure I look at least decent around new people.

Quickly stripping off my clothes, I grab a white, fitted crop top and some grey joggers before taking my bun out and letting my hair fall around my shoulders.

"Oh hello again," Niall grins, as I sit next to Vanessa on the sofa.

"Hi," I reply, giving him a small smile.

"Oh have you already met?" Vanessa asks.

Niall nods in reply, his eyes set on the tv screen.

"We should introduce her to everyone," Niall suggests.

"Yeah, lets go," Vanessa agrees, handing me my converse and heading out of the door in front of me.

We literally turn a corner outside our building and come to the place that their friends must be in.

Niall walks straight in when we get there and the noise is quite deafening, they have music on probably as high as it can go. Vanessa runs to the phone that's connected to a speaker and turns it off and we can hear quiet mumbles of confusion from around the corner.

"Guys, there's someone we'd like you to meet, my new room mate Jade," Vanessa shouts, introducing me.

A tall, dark brown curly haired boy walks over to me, a cheeky grin on his face.

"I'm Harry," he smirks, shaking my hand.

"Nice to meet you," I reply and it certainly is.

He gives me a friendly smile before taking me to their living room that has three other boys and two girls occupying the sofa and floor.

"Guys this is Jade," Harry says, they all look up from their phones.

"Jade this is Liam," Harry points out, as I watch one of them, he gives me a warm smile.

"And that's Louis and Zayn."

"Hi Jade," Zayn says.

"Hi," I smile, taking a seat on the edge of the sofa.

Vanessa sits in Louis' lap, giving him a small kiss.

"Hi," she grins, her arms around his neck.

"Hi love," he chuckles, slipping his arms around her waist.

Great, this means that i'll be third wheeling most likely 24/7.

"Do you have a boyfriend Jade?" a girl with quite light brown hair and a white shirt on asks me.

"Uhm no actually I don't," I sigh.

"Me neither, I'm Lucy and this is Cara, she's the annoying one," Lucy smirks.

Cara hits her playfully and grabs her beanie off her head, throwing it to Harry.

"So, its Harry's birthday tomorrow and were going down to the woodland, do you want to come with us?" Zayn asks me.

"Sure that sounds great," I agree.

We decide to watch some movies for a while, they're horror movies, a personal favourite of mine.