Chapter 41

JADES POV

Awakening to darkness spilling into my room, I grab my phone and check the time; 2:30.

Great, thats me not getting back to sleep.
Tossing and turning in my bed, thoughts of Niall and only Niall race through my head.

I feel the tears rush from my eyes as I remember our first kiss, the way it felt, that tingling sensation he always left behind.

Cautiously, I pick up my phone, scrolling through my contacts and hovering over a particular one. Deciding to call it, I click the green button and at the first ring it picks up.

"Jade," he cries.

"Hi," I whisper, wiping away my tears.

"Jade please just please listen to me. I love you with all my heart and I know I fucked up. I just want you here with me. I want to just kiss you. I'm sorry. I let my jealousy get the best of me. It's no excuse I'm know but i'm in bits without you. I need you to come back. Please Jade, come back. I love you," he tells me, his voice shaking and cracking as I hear him sniffle.

"I love you too," I whisper, the tears pouring out of eyes but I don't care anymore.

"Goodbye Niall," I mutter, ending the call and collapsing back into bed, still crying.

But that is all I needed to hear to send me to sleep; his voice.

-----------------

My alarm clock buzzes and that sound will one day be the death of me.

But I don't have to go into class. I'm already failing half of them for leaving for so long but right now I couldn't care less.
After washing my face; which is well needed as I look awful this morning, I walk to my closet for my outfit today.

I get out some ripped skinny jeans and my oversized grey sweater before scraping my hair back into a messy bun, slipping my glasses on my nose, getting my keys and phone then locking the dorm door.

Deciding on a morning coffee and not class, I make my way down to the lounge. I order a large which is definitely on the cards today, I need it.

My phone buzzes in continuously in my pocket and I look to see my mum is calling me.

"Hi," I smile when I answer.

"Hi love, how are you feeling? You're back at University now right? Was the flight ok? What happened with Niall?" She word vomits and I can barely process everything.

"It's a very long story mum but I'm not going to waste my time reliving it. The bottom line is I'm staying here until graduation and then I can figure things out later. Is it alright if I call you back?" I ask.

"Of course darling, I love you, stay safe," she replies.

"I love you too mum, bye."

Of course I sit in my favourite corner, but after she's given me my coffee I keep staring at the seat in front of me, thinking of the all the times Niall joined me for a coffee, which then led to him flirting with me causing me to smile like an idiot.

Suddenly, a figure blocks my way of the seat and I look up to see a tall, dark haired boy with a big smile on his face has occupied the empty seat.

"Mind if I sit here?" He asks politely.

"Not at all," I force a smile.

"So, are you new?" I ask, as he has all of the papers you get when you first get here.

"Yeah, I just moved here from Australia," he grins, taking a sip of his beverage.

"Wow. Pity you did, its not exactly the greatest of weather here like it is there," I laugh.

"I didn't come for the weather though did I?" He smirks.

"Well, what did you come for?" I smile, intrigued.

"I came for new opportunities and music class," he chuckles.

"I'm in music too. I've had some months off though so I really need to catch up on some things. Who's class are you in?" I ask, taking a big gulp of my coffee.

"First class every day but I'm not sure of my teachers name," he answers, flicking through papers.

"Me too, I guess i'll see you in music then and i'll let you get back to all that paperwork," I smile, rising from my chair.

"I actually never caught your name? I'm Calum," he grins, taking my hand and shaking it.

"Jade," I tell him.

"Here, put your number in my phone and we can grab another coffee some other time," he says, giving me his white iPhone.

I hesitantly type it in. Is he just being friendly or? Deciding not to overthink it, I hand it him back with a smile and wave goodbye as I walk back to my flat, coffee in hand.

I have to admit, it was nice to see a new face, especially seen as that new face isn't too bad to look at.