Shadows

Chapter Fifty-Nine

Chapter Fifty-Nine

That night at 'Covert Operations Base- EL Segundo, CA

It took a drive to finally get to the base where Mr. Nobody was stationed.

The place wasn't your ordinary military base. Nicole noticed it looked more like a toy shop for gear heads and mercenaries.
Dom had to admit he was a bit thrown off to see as many good cars inside. Not to mention the man had his own beer bar there.

For him to be a friend of Hobbs, neither Dom or Nicole saw the resemblance. Hobbs was more by the books and broke it every now and then. This guy didn't seem to care about any of that, as long as he got the job done.

Wearing her fathers suit jacket over her shoulders, Nicole stood by him as she leaned against the table with her arms folded—watching Mr. Nobody.

Mr. Nobody fills up his glass. "Belgian ale." He took a long sip, letting out a tasteful sigh, lowering the cup from his mouth. "Oh man, those monks got it right."

Nicole face spoke for her and Dom. Brows pulled, wide eyes, and all the confusion in the world when it came to the man in front of them.

"I mean, I don't know about the whole celibacy thing, but when it comes to beer..." Mr. Nobody shows the glass to them. "Would you two like one?"

"I'm more of a Corona man myself." Dom says. "And Nicole doesn't drink."

Mr. Nobody smirks, going for another sip. "Not what I read in her file."

Dom narrows his gaze back.

Nicole's jaw dropped, a double take to her father's waiting glare. "That is a lie." Dom brow raised. "I swear!"

"She's right, I am." Mr. Nobody chuckles. "Agent humor, you know."

Nicole glares. "No, I don't know."

Mr. Nobody pulls out a bucket of Corona's on ice and sat it on the surface.

Dom raises a brow at this as he watched Mr. Nobody set him up with a beer.