Blood Is Thicker Than Water Pt 1

Chapter 117

Chapter 117

Dom walked over to Nicole, dressed out of his wet clothes. Wearing a white muscle t-shirt and jeans to match Nicole.

"Hey, I think your missing something."

Nicole closed the door to her Impala.

"What?"

Dom handed her the gun she had left on the table.

"Think you're going to need it out there."

Nicole takes it from him and hooks it on her belt.

"Tyler and Xander are going to be fine." He tells her.

Nicole scoffs. "They scare me more being apart, but together? I know they are okay. He promised he would come back." A smirk as she thinks about it. "If it's one thing I have learned about Tyler and myself, we always find our way back. Thirteen years of knowing in fact."

"All came full circle didn't it." Dom smiles making Nicole do the same. "I need you to make me a promise while you're out there to." Nicole head tilts. "Be safe."

Nicole nods. "As safe as you taught me to be."

"You're not giving me much reassurance."

Nicole giggles making Dom rumble out his own chuckle and hug her.

"I'm proud of you." He tells her. "I always you to know that."

Those words stuck to her more than he knew they ever would. One of the things she always wanted is for her parents to be proud when she grew up.
Before it was about Dom learning to let her go, now it felt even better to hear that he is proud of the girl they raised into a woman.

"You came a long way from the girl I chased down at Braga's party."

"Yeah, me and her need to have a long talk." She says making Dom laugh. "That girl was pretty strong though."