New Home, New Start

Chapter Sixty Nine

Chapter Sixty Nine

Nicole had fell asleep for a bit on the drive there.

The next time she opened her eyes the sun had set, and she had seen L.A. in a new light. Open space as she watched the scenery and let it calm her.

"I don't need want to be that person in the car. But are we there yet?" Nicole looks over.

Eric chuckles. "Almost." One hand on the wheel as he drove the car around the curves.

Nicole seen a couple of villas on their travels, making her brows pull together.

Seeing the body of water made her smile as she relaxed.

Finally exiting off the long roads, the car drove down a street. A villa every three spaces down with trees and lush green lawns surround it all.

Pulling up in front of one in particular. Nicole spotted the light on in the entrance as it was getting dark enough outside for her to see. A stone home with a balcony on the third floor.

Eric parked the car. "We're here."

"This is your place?" Nicole snaps her head around to him. "I thought you said it was a condo."

"Eh, kinda." Eric shrugs it off. "I got it earlier this year."

Nicole gets out of the car and looks around the neighborhood. Only a few people were out and even though it was people around, the place was very quiet and secluded.

"What made you get this one?"

"Go around back." Eric nods.

Nicole gives him a confused glance but made her way around the house. Taking in the peace and beautiful structure of the place, it was nice to see. A spot of the pool grounds connected to the villa, the backyard was even more stunning then the front of the home. Even though she loved her childhood home, this place took her breath away.

Running her hand across the stone, Nicole went out the gates to see the beach.

The sight of it making her stop with wide eyes.

Private and away from others, just like she lived for.

Taking a step down, Nicole walks in the sand as she gets closer. From the salt water smell and fresh air that hit her nose, the slight warm breeze tickled her face.

Never could she understand her obsessions with beaches.
Her dad took her to some because he told her that was the only thing that would seem to calm her down. For that one year, they couldn't get her to sleep like they wanted, they would have to take her on drives to the beach. Nicole didn't know what was special about that one year, even Mia said she had no trouble sleeping until then.

Apart of her assumed that maybe Dom or someone took her favorite toy and it was hard for her to cope and learn to be without it. Nicole thinks back to the doll she found in her fathers garage, who exactly gave that to her? She wondered if that was the missing link to her bad sleeping for a year.