A Visit From Xander

Chapter Seventy-One

Chapter Seventy-One

Three months later...

"Only dad would be the one to street race someone in France." Nicole holds the phone to her ear as she walks around the store. "How did he even find it?"

"You'd have to ask your dad that one, baby girl."

Nicole giggles. "Leave it to Dominic Toretto eh?"

"That's your daddy."

"How is he?"

"Okay. Both of us trying to get used to not running after a kid." Letty scoffs. "Weird that I kind of miss running after you all the time now."

"I miss being in trouble."

Letty snickers. "Shocking that your not in any, actually."

"Whoa, now." Nicole stops. "What's that mean?"

"You are your father's kid, Nicole."

"As I remember, dad said trouble follows you."

"And himself." Letty counters. "Mando said he talked to you a few weeks ago."

"Yeah," Nicole smiles. "He was telling me about the D.R. and all the trouble you guys got into."

"We were young." Letty defends. "You just make sure you stay out of that trouble."

"Think about it."

"Nicole." Letty warns.

"I'm kidding!" Nicole checks out her bags at the cashier. "Eric doesn't even allow me within five miles of it."

"Things I like to know." Letty says, as her smile could be heard. "How is living with him?"

Nicole nods. "It's different. Still getting used to it, but it's still hard. Every day he walks out that door I have to do a coin toss if he's going to walk back through." Picking up her bags she heads out of the store. "It just gets to me at times. Reminds me of you guys,"

"When we used to leave..." A knowing in Letty's voice. "Do you love him enough?"

Nicole pauses at the question. "Do I love him?"

"Mhm." Letty hums. "That should answer all your worries. Unless you two haven't had that talk yet."

"We haven't." Nicole puts the bags away. "Don't know if I'm ready to." A sigh as she rests her hand on the trunk. "Why can't this be more easier..."

"Life isn't that easy, Nicky."

"I'm putting that together slowly." Nicole closes the trunk. "What if I'm not ready to talk about love right now?"