A Cuban Mile & Fate

Chapter Eighty-Eight

Xander sat on the floor, his head rested back.

"You know, if you keep occasionally glaring at me, your neck is going to cramp up." He says out loud, a lazy tilt of his head to Deckard.

"I don't know how anyone else is supposed to look at you," Deckard retorts.

"Would a smile kill you?"

"Brutally."

Xander smirks tilting his head back up. "Bet it wouldn't if my name were Nicole."

Deckard scoffs—looking off. "Even she would get the same reaction."

"You can save it and lie to someone else." Xander sighs, plucking the lint from his jumpsuit. "I saw the note on the wall before I got put back in my cell yesterday." Deckard narrowed his glare to the young boy. "I know it definitely says Nicole at the end of it."

"So. What of it?" Deckard gives him a look.

Xander shrugs. "Nothing. It's nice to know you have a heart somewhere."

"Whatever." Deckard rolled his eyes. Xander counts down in his mind mentally until he heard the question he knew the man wanted to ask. "Have you spoken to her?"

A slight smirk.

"Yeah I have." He looks over to him. "Months back but I did."

"And how is she?"

"I hope she's doing better." Xander nods. "She's been through enough hell these past years."

"She's a tough girl."

"Toughs got nothing to do with it." Xander shakes his head, looking over to Deckard. "You try losing a person you had the most connection with, and the nine months later your own child." This got the attention of Deckard who's eyes were wide. "We thought her child was still alive."